Winter games

General water gun discussion.
Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:07 am

Should we make up some sort of winter game for water guns so that we can play with our guns during winter? If you like the idea post up some games you can think of.
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:40 am

Can anyone say, Nerf outside in the wintertime?
I don't check this forum anymore.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:02 am

The only possible winter games for water blasters is indoors so the only way to play is in a place that can afford to get wet, and anways it will still most likely be chilly inside so I don't think it's very practical.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:58 am

I suppose you could mod some XPs so they fire Nerf darts, but I don't think it'd be very practical and you'd probably be better off buying a new Nerf gun.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:56 am

You could have indoor battles in winter. Those who have had outdoor ones are a little more adventurous, you really don't want to get shot in those games. Those who do battle in the winter usually wear a water-proof jacket and something similar.

In the winter I plan homemades and mods for the next year. I also watch eBay because less people do (not that I really buy much from eBay). Another thing I do is build my base, this year we didn't really have much of a chance to because it got overgrown, but this winter we should be able to work on it.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:39 pm

I also watch eBay because less people do (not that I really buy much from eBay).
That's how I won my XP 75, because nobody else put a bid on it.

Anyway, I plan on big snowball wars, I am already modding my WBL so it shoots snowballs, as it does get cold fast up here, today it's only 46 degrees outside!
I don't check this forum anymore.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:51 pm

Winter time is mainly a time for off-field stratedgies, repairs of equipment or soakers, planning events for next year, etc. I know how you feel, we all get an urge to play Mock-Warfare when we cannot due to weather conditions in the United States. Like Doom said, now is a good time to build up that base, or repair that soaker you never got to in the season. Its also a time (for some) to collect more blasters.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:30 pm

NO.. ITS NOT.
Grab our sweatshirts, and rain jackets, and get ready for some awesome 1HK fun!
I find winter warfare much more fun. I for one enjoy water warefare, even if I Don't get wet. I also mainly use smaller, low output guns for this, and the games can be so fun.
The "season" never ends, just being able to wear shorts.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:46 pm

Originally posted by Doom@Oct 20 2004, 04:56 AM
Those who do battle in the winter usually wear a water-proof jacket and something similar.
Kinda makes it pointless, doesn't it?
I suppose you could wear Soakertags... :mellow: . . . ^_^
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:56 am

Originally posted by Spinner@Oct 20 2004, 03:58 AM
I suppose you could mod some XPs so they fire Nerf darts, but I don't think it'd be very practical and you'd probably be better off buying a new Nerf gun.
Actually, if you use weighted micro stefans, an XP modded with a PVC barrel will fire farther than most Nerf guns.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:53 am

Well, compared to other guns, they take more pumps, are larger and don't (typically) have barrel selectors so you will have to manually reload them. That's what makes them impractical. I suppose they're okay if you think you're a sniper.

Plus, brass barrels are king. PVC is total XPBackfire-esque compared to it. I believe it's because on PVC they only have to keep the outer diameter constant, while on brass they keep it all constant. Also, brass has less friction. My Nerf homemade is amazing on a brass barrel.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:57 am

Originally posted by Doom@Oct 21 2004, 10:53 AM
Plus, brass barrels are king.
What about copper barrels? How would they fare?

Didn't BoltMasterZ mod his 310 to have a seperate Nerf nozzle or something?
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:06 pm

Copper is rare, plus they typically don't fit darts well. Brass is readily available and from what I know has less friction than copper.

He did modify his XP 310 to had a small barrel, but it was barely long enough to work very well.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:22 pm

I'm going to try and find a way to launch snowballs. Prehaps a spring-loaded bazooka or something? They would have to be pretty solid and well-packed snowballs then.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

DX

Post by DX » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:22 pm

I think a sling-style 3 man WBL would work well for snowballs, as they won't break up whan you launch them. The only problem would be it takes 2 or 3 people to use them.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!