CPS question

General water gun discussion.
MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Mon May 03, 2004 10:43 pm

What exactly is "CPS Technology"? :huh:
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Mon May 03, 2004 11:09 pm

essentially, it means a gun that uses a rubber bladder instead of air pressure to create the "push" required to fire the water stream. Bladders may be either spherical or cylindrical, although I'm not sure which one is "better". btw, CPS= Constant Pressure System

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon May 03, 2004 11:11 pm

everyone says that cylindrical is better, I don't know why though.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Xray

Post by Xray » Mon May 03, 2004 11:23 pm

It means Constant Pressure System, but there isnt really much 'technology' to it... its just a think rubber bladder that gets inflated when water gets pushed in.

-blake

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 04, 2004 12:02 am

Cylindrical is better because it uses space more effeciently and keeps the stream more laminated, water molecules lined up. Spherical has turns to go through and diaphram is a mess hitting a wall and then turning. It's the best kind of CPS.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Tue May 04, 2004 5:25 am

^I heard the cylinderical bladder is harder to mod though, is that true?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 04, 2004 10:01 am

Yes, it's harder to get bike tubes over it than putting balloons on a spherical one. But if you keep at it you can do it.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue May 04, 2004 1:22 pm

Holy Soakers! (Have I said it enough?)

BIKE TUBES? Wow, that's really gotta be hard... Oh, BTW Welcome to SSC Toaster! Be sure to read and understand the rules! ;)
I don't check this forum anymore.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Tue May 04, 2004 7:50 pm

Originally posted by Mdriver@May 3 2004, 05:43 PM
What exactly is "CPS Technology"? :huh:
Behavior wise, the main difference between CPS and AIr Pressure, is the drop off. Minimal dropoff in CPS.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 04, 2004 9:11 pm

CPS isn't perfectly constant, it has a small dropoff, noticable only in guns with extremely small nozzles. One of my homemades had a dropoff of about 5 feet over the first 10 seconds (shot time was over 2 minutes btw), once it hit the low point it stayed there, you won't notice that on a larger CPS soaker.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri May 21, 2004 2:46 am

It means Constant Pressure System, but there isnt really much 'technology' to it... its just a think rubber bladder that gets inflated when water gets pushed in.

-blake
Again I beg to differ. The acronym "CPS" stands for Constant Pressure System, and is the best technology available for water combatm or super soakers for that matter. From CPS there are two subcategories (types), cylindrical and bladder. A Bladder expands and contracts to force water out of the nozzle, while the cylindrical pushes the water out from pressure through a cylindrical type balloon in a casing. This IS VERY Important technology, in that this technology made super soaker history, and made super soaker the legend it was, because of thier powerful soakers. Now that Hasbro has taken the path down the mine shaft into the earth's core, good weaponry are hard to find these days.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat May 22, 2004 1:58 pm

Originally posted by Jadefalcon09@May 21 2004, 03:46 AM

-blake

Again I beg to differ. The acronym "CPS" stands for Constant Pressure System, and is the best technology available for water combatm or super soakers for that matter. From CPS there are two subcategories (types), cylindrical and bladder. A Bladder expands and contracts to force water out of the nozzle, while the cylindrical pushes the water out from pressure through a cylindrical type balloon in a casing. This IS VERY Important technology, in that this technology made super soaker history, and made super soaker the legend it was, because of thier powerful soakers. Now that Hasbro has taken the path down the mine shaft into the earth's core, good weaponry are hard to find these days.
It's the technology found in the most powerful Larami/Hasbro Super Soakers, but Air Pressure (as Doom/Xray will explain ;) ) can ultimately provide more power. Look at Doom's latest homemade...
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 22, 2004 3:04 pm

Well actually, they both in theory can be equally powerful. You just wouldn't want a gun with a 2" thick CPS bladder.

Reason #1: You don't want to collosus that baby. It will take you a long time if you don't just buy CPS tubing that is slightly larger than it.
Reason #2: This would be a lot more expensive than an air pressure gun of the same power.
Reason #3: Because it is CPS, every single pump is going to be equally as hard. On my latest creation (needs a name...), I would hate to pump 50 pumps as hard as the last pump, which is what it would be like if I had a CPS gun of the same power. Air pressure's drop off is an advantage here. The pump will be easier to pump in the end.

I still do like CPS technology. It was a very good idea, a genious one. No design is without it's faults. Air pressure is much easier to obtain more power with. CPS is too much of a hassle at a point to make any more powerful. CPS however is more usable on the field, the constant range/output is a good idea. It's a trade off.