OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
used man

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Post by used man » Wed May 07, 2008 9:56 pm

so i come home from school 10 minutes ago and the fedex truck pulls in with my splashzooka. im really excided andpleased . so i take it out to test, plug in the qfd and turn the water on, the plastic part flys out and while im trying to fix it the spring falls out. what do i do?????
Last edited by used man on Thu May 08, 2008 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drenchenator

Re: OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Post by Drenchenator » Wed May 07, 2008 11:22 pm

Can you give more details? What plastic part flew out? The gun is made almost entirely of plastic; I'll need some details. Also, what spring fell out? Again, there are several. As always, pictures would help out a lot.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

used man

Post by used man » Thu May 08, 2008 1:20 am

No, the gun didnt break the qfd did. Everything inside except the plug flew out. But as of now i have fixed that, for anyone else you just buy a specialized ball valve for gardening and put it between the qfd and the hose.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 09, 2008 1:16 am

Good to hear that you repaired it. It sounds like the valve in there wasn't working correctly and needed repair. If you could get some pictures of the repaired device I'm sure some people would appreciate it.

used man

Post by used man » Fri May 09, 2008 4:14 am

You might want to put this in the repairs section as that is the first place i looked.
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Fri May 09, 2008 11:26 am

I was a bit unsure of what you did, but now I see it perfectly. Great idea! We've been discussing using ball valves for make replacement quick-fill devices for a while; I don't think anyone has used one to fix a QFD. Good job.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.