extra water

Threads about water gun modifications.
imported_water_warlord

Post by imported_water_warlord » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:52 am

can I drill a hole in the water tank of a watergun then insert old water ,or pop bottles, bottles to act as an extra tank?

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:54 am

Sure, but if you were to want mobility with the extra water you would probably want to make a backpack. That way you wouldn't need to drill a hole either.

imported_water_warlord

Post by imported_water_warlord » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:58 am

this might be good as more water after the backpack mod

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:37 pm

I really don't know why you would want more water than a backpack mod can give you. With a backpack you add several gallons, much more than needed. I refilled once on my APH in the longest battle I've ever had. I must have had 20+ shots made on each refill, not counting the pulsing I have done. You shouldn't need more than a backpack mod will give you.

However, I do suppose that if you wanted more water, you could drill a hole and attach a bottle somehow.

Also, this is your final warning before action is taken. Please use proper grammar. You use capitalization on proper nouns, but not at the beginning of a sentence. Please, follow our rules.

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:40 pm

not to mention that you would put an ugly hole in a beautiful cps soaker. or screw up a pressurized reservoir soaker.
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:52 pm

I've tried this on a XP-310. I drilled a 2" hole in the back of the soaker, and attached a 20 oz. ketchup bottle. I've tried everything to get it to work. Hot glue, epoxy, silicone. Nothing is able to hold it, even when I add extra glueable area.
Its good for awhile, then the weight of the water eventually does its evil to the glue. The result is a leaky tank. Or sometimes, it can even fall off. Then you have a 2" hole you have to fill in.
If you want to do this, you should probably add it to the top of the reservoir. Unfortunately, that impares your vision, and makes your nice soaker look horrible.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

addy606

Post by addy606 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:55 pm

Yeah, but maybe if you like put a hose on the bottle and then connect it to the tank,
then some how tape the bottle to the gun.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:10 am

I love that you are reading older threads, but this thread is from this time last year. None of these guys are around anymore and you didn't really add anything of value (more of the obvious). You can bring back old threads fine, but I would appreciate bringing back an old thread much more if you had something new and orignal to add.