Wow,, This could get messy!

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Daehak-Kun

Wow,, This could get messy!

Post by Daehak-Kun » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:50 am

I was reading up on some Homemades and I found that they need to pumped with a bike pump so do I have to run around with an entire bike pump or can i take some bits off it?

Silence

Re: Wow,, This could get messy!

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:02 pm

Bike pumps come in a variety of sizes. The smallest hand-pumps are less than a foot long before you start pumping, and they're pretty much equivalent to the pump you would build for the air pressure homemade. The difference is that bike pumps pump air, not water (at least by default).

C-A_99

Re: Wow,, This could get messy!

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Most homemades designed for external bike pumps (such as water balloon launchers and Supercannon II's) require the pumps to be managed seperately i.e. the pump and homemade are 2 seperate pieces. For most cases, this is not a problem, such as with the Supercannon II which is more of a 1 shot deal, and for guns like the LPD, they're intended to have the air in until being stored. However, for simple water balloons that are not being used for single shots (that is, the launcher is fired once during a war and then not used anymore), this becomes a problem if the launcher needs to be mobile.

So this is what you can do. If you don't want to carry the pump around, simply detatch it when done firing. Otherwise, you can mount the pump onto the gun. I'm working on a launcher with an onboard pump designed to power up quickly, and with a breech for faster loading. This is more of a mobile 1-man type launcher, unlike basic launchers like the Douchenator which require a crew of 2 or 3 to operate efficiently and are not very mobile.

Silence is correct on the bike pumps. You can find very small ones, but they may take longer to build pressure. Personally, I use the 2ft hand pumps which are kept in placed by your feet. They seem to build up air faster than foot pumps, though foot pumps are obviously easier to use.