Max-D 6000 versions

General water gun discussion.
dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:32 pm

Finally looked at a Sam's club MD 6000 twin pack. Weird colors, but noticed the nozzle section has been slightly redesigned. The cap assembly's tabs are now flattened and widened. When compared to my MK2(yellow pump handle) this seems to allow the firing nozzle to remain centered and helps smooth out turning to a different nozzle. Also, the nozzles themselves look like they've been changed a bit. Does anyone know if this is the same as other 6000 twin packs? Has anyone compared these to an original 6000. BTW this one also comes with soaker balls, are they any good? Thanks, Brad

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:25 pm

Welcome to SSCentral dragonclass! I have upgraded your membership account.

There apparently are different versions even of the same colored Max-D 6000. I do not have any pictures aside from the internals of my own Max-D 6000 at this website, but from what I have heard and seen in a few images, there are several (5+) different versions.

If we could find each version and document them, that would be a start in understanding which Max-D 6000s are best. Problem is we haven't done that yet. I suppose that you'll never really know unless you buy the twin-pack and see for yourself.

As for the sponge-like balls that they supply with those packs, they really only get your slightly wet when hit. They don't get you as wet as a water balloon, but they are reusable.

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:17 pm

Thank-you Doom for the welcome,
Yea, I'm probably going to buy them and see. Then if the new ones are better, I'll offer the original on freecycle or something(still have the box). Later, Brad

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:50 pm

Originally posted by dragonclass@Jun 2 2005, 08:17 PM
Then if the new ones are better, I'll offer the original on freecycle or something(still have the box).
[snapback]25137[/snapback]

I would expect someone here would be interested in taking it off your hands, if you so decide. ;)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:07 am

I gotcha Spinner,
Well...that opens it to the floor. Shipping needs to be paid for, but the gun is free. The gun has been used several times in the past three weeks, but it still resides in it's original box with the shipping box close by. It's nozzles don't seal completely to the outlet and it likes to fire at a slight angle. The trigger is fine. That's all, Brad

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:31 am

Well, happy to report that if you don't have a Sam's Club membership, get one or find someone that does. The 6K twin pack is better than the original. Get over the colors, it's the next best $20.00 I've spent on a soaker(s)(the other was for the FF). The trigger feels more like the liquidator's, pump works faster, and the stream is centered. It also seems the streams go maybe afoot, foot-and-ahalf further. Also I noticed a place called Boscov's(USA: NY) that's selling a newer version of the XP 310(I wonder if it's internals have been reworked as well). That's all folks, Brad

ImageImage

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:37 pm

Thanks for the information! I'm sure more people will check out those stores to buy some cheap water guns.

Is it just me or does that XP 310 appear to say HP 310 at first?

death angel

Post by death angel » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:19 pm

Is it just me or does that XP 310 appear to say HP 310 at first?
I know! I was wondering that, as well. I noticed that it doesn't say HP on the double pack. Maybe "HP" stands for "High Pressure" or something like that. That would be cool to see if the internals were any different.

Anyways, the XP 310 looks cooler, with its neon green highlites. :mellow:
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:01 pm

Yea, it kind of looks that way, but a close inspection'll show that the "H" is "pinched" at the sides. Probably made in a country that doesn't use h's. Also, the XP 310 may look cooler, but I'm willing to bet that the 6000s are stronger. They just don't carry as much(50oz vs 54oz). See ya, Brad

P.S: The XP 310 is $9.99USD

death angel

Post by death angel » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:33 pm

Also, the XP 310 may look cooler, but I'm willing to bet that the 6000s are stronger.
I have an XP 310 and it has held up fine since I aqquired it. The MAX-D 6000's probably preform better, because of the superior trigger mechanism. But MAX-D gun's trigger valves are more prone to breakage than that of a XP 310's.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:24 pm

Well, I'm hoping these new versions do better in that respect. But, then again the new version of the XP 310 might also be better . Later, Brad

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:16 am

In the two pack of the 6k, the two guns are very different. The red one seems superior, the trigger is much stiffer and smoother, and on the blue one, the pumping feels kind of odd. Also, only the top part of the nozzle selector comes off of the red one, making it impossible to easily shotgun mod it. The whole piece comes off easily on the blue one, though.