Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > Water wars
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #31
steelboot
XP 270 User

UserID: 1790
Default Re: RP: What do you think?

Perfect. We'll just use those and forget about the others.
steelboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #32
Major McMan
One of two members of Team SuperChunky

UserID: 1659

I've been waiting for this to happen.

Name: McMan
Alias: Surrh
Height: 6'
Weight: 135 lbs
Appearance: dark shirt, dark brown jacket, dark jeans, all faded
Physical Characteristics: dissheveled, lanky, handsome, built like a long distance runner though somewhat underwhelming physically
Mental Characteristics: good-natured though cynical, distant, stoic, and somewhat apathetic; ridiculous intelligence, manipulative
Strengths: intelligence, tactical knowledge, speed, stealth, can read people
Weaknesses: often indifferent to the events going on around him, somewhat arrogant, irritable, impatient
Main Weapon: Colossused Monster X
Backup: XP 75
Gear: backpack with: water bottles, pocket knife, cell phone, energy bars, $200 cash, bag of unfilled water balloons
Transportation: mostly moves by foot, but will use any transportation at hand
History: founder and former leader of Team Superchunky

I may not be able to keep up with the story due to school, but I'll try to keep up as much as possible.

Oh, forgot to ask: how realistic is this going to be?(personally, I'm hoping for something like RP III )

My armory: XP 150, XP 220, stripped-down XP 70, Max-D 3000, FF ,Monster '01

Last edited by Major McMan : 09-06-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Major McMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:28 AM   #33
DX
A Shrouded Figure

UserID: 75

I'm going to try something that I haven't done before: a nemesis/rival.

Name: Rex
Nickname: RX
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 175 lbs
Physical Appearance/Clothing: Similar to Lewis, but taller and stronger
Mental Characteristics/Personality: Aggressive, tactical, ambitious, cocky, cold
Strengths: Strong, has high endurance, experienced
Weaknesses: Not as agile or fast, can be overconfident, overlooks small details,
Main Weapon: 15K [90 balloons, 55-60ft]
Secondary: 20C [20 layers, 50-55ft]
Special Weapons: SuperCannon [200-400x, 75-80ft]
History: Former fighter for the Tempests. Currently serving as a squad commander with the Expeditioners.

Quote:
Oh, forgot to ask: how realistic is this going to be?

It's really Steelboot's call, but I would suggest using the hit system where a player loses energy when hit, the amount of energy lost varying with the type [ie a direct hit will knock you out vs splatter just being an annoyance]. That and no planes, navies, and the such. Other slight enhancements to your speed, dodging ability, accuracy, etc. are fine.

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!
DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #34
cantab
Administrator

UserID: 1400

This might be interesting...is the following character OK.

Name: Unknown. Suspected but not proven to be Ian.
Nickname: The Engineer
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 12 stone
Physical Appearance: Slender, clean shaven, somewhat wild hair, sometimes wears glasses.
Clothing: Jeans and long-sleeved shirt. Distinctive jacket - black with white curving grids (something like this: http://im-possible.info/images/artic...scher_grid.jpg ). Sandals or trainers depending on weather. Often wears a backpack. Has been known to wear black tie on occasion.
Personality: Absent-minded scientist type. Generally quite relaxed and easy going, but when he does something, he does it properly. Frequently comes up with outlandish ideas, statements, or actions. When he's seen, that is - he's something of a hermit.
Residence: A small fort on a hilltop.
Strengths: A great arsenal of powerful and somewhat ersatz homemade weaponry. His fort, though crude, is very strong. Good at dodging (though not the best). An expert in radio communications, a reasonably fast sprinter, and a skilled rower.
Weaknesses: Poor against multiple enemies, unparanoid.
Weaponry: Extremely varied. CPS 1200 is common though. When speed is critical, will often take nothing but a (slightly modded) WW Sting Ray.
History: Arrived a few years ago, and set about building his fort. Known to have graduated from Cambridge University, but little else is known.
Rumoured to be constructing the kilolauncher - a WBL with a range of 1 kilometre. He may have finished it, but probably not.
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:
cantab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #35
steelboot
XP 270 User

Is that your profile or an enemy's? As for realisticness, we'll go with each hit weakens, the larger the stream the more powerful.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:34 AM   #36
cantab
Administrator

Mine. He's someone you probably don't WANT as an enemy.

The Engineer probably won't get involved in things of his own accord. Rather, he'll have to be approached by those who want his help.
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:
Old 09-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #37
Major McMan

Alright, not counting meatslycer, we have six profiles: that should enough to start the RP up.

Now, we need to focus on the main storyline. To provide an example, I will tell you what I have in mind for a storyline:

The Expeditioners are the supreme water warriors on Loucell Island. There are no other teams on the island, only pockets Tempest Wars vets who settled down on Loucell. The Government of the island will not interfere with the Expeditioners' operations as long as they don't conflict with the Government's own agendas.

The Expeditioners plan on using Loucell as a base of operations to conquer other neighboring islands' teams, ultimately using their newfound empire to become the greatest team on earth. The Tempest vets, not wanting another all-out war, are planning an uprising to stop the Expeditioners from achieving their goals. The only problem is there are not enough vets to take on the Expeditioners. That's where we come in..

What do you think?

Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #38
steelboot
XP 270 User

Alright, but I get first story post. I'll come back in a bit and post the first entry.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #39
JuchTurtles

UserID: 1928

Sounds great. Can't wait until this starts.
JuchTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #40
Major McMan

It's good to know my story has been met with positive responses.

Depending on how long I will be with family time, I might not be able to get on tonight.

And depending on my mom's mood, I might not be able to get on for a large amount of time, likely a couple of days.

And if my thoughts get occupied by something else in that amount of time, I will not be online for God knows how long.

But I'll probably be able to get on tonight.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up. Good luck!

Old 09-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #41
steelboot
XP 270 User

One day, steelboot was chatting with some girls from Sir Jonathan's when Juch Turtles rushed over to him from across the street, looking very urgent. Thoroughly annoyed at being interrupted at such a time like this, he turned moodily towards Juchs and croaked "What?"

"'What?'", said Juchs, "I'll tell you WHAT! Down there", said Juchs, pointing down the street, "is where there's a group of teenagers thinking there the tightest kids on the block with soakers!"

"Are you saying we're being threatened?", said steelboot, chancing a look at the girl he was talking to blissfully only minutes ago, now looking at him as if he was some alien life form.

"I dunno, but they don't look good. They got some quality soakers. I'm talkin' CPS's. We got to defend ourselves. I know I sound paranoid, but we gotta keep them under control!", he said feverently.

"Look, can it wait? I'm kind of busy right now. I was kinda going to go to McDonal -"

"No! We need to keep this place under control!"

"Alright, alright, if you shut up" he said hastily. He turned to bid farewell to the others when he realized he and Juchs were alone. "Let's go back and get some of our armoury".

They walked down the dingy street, steelboot pausing twice in store windows to check himself out.

"Bigshot", muttered Juchs under his breath.

"Hey, it's not my fault I'm dangerously good-looking! Gotta keep myself in check!"

"Really? I didn't know that. I thought you'd have showered. You know you smell horrible.
That's probably what turned the girls off."

"No", replied steelboot, "it was you. They're going to think I'm some water gun-obsessed idiot.

"Who cares?"

"You're right. So what about what they think? I'm only going to be here for a month or so, because of you. It's odds-on I'll never see them again".

And as they reached their base, a mansion with a great basement, they smiled to each other. Time to get the big guns out.

I know it gets a bit off-topic, but it's good to get a background of character personalities at the beginning. In case you're wondering, don't worry, I'm not that arrogant in real life. I'll try to figure out how to maintain paragraph breaks, sorry for the format.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:59 AM   #42
DX
A Shrouded Figure

UserID: 75

****The previous night****

Seated at the tiller of the Seamaster, Lewis noticed a dark outline off the port bow. It didn't seem like anything unusual...until a beam of light suddenly swung around in the distance...definitely a lighthouse...land?

"I don't recall any land this far off North Island."

He rummaged through his pack until his free hand made contact with paper and a flashlight.

"Hmm...Loucell Island...never heard of the place."

Curious, Lewis fired up his VHF radio and hoped that North was still in range.

"North Base, North Base, North Base, this is Seamaster, over"

Luckily, a clear voice responded.

"Hey there Lewis, what do you need?"

"Hey Charlie, sorry about hailing you at this hour. I'm about 40 miles NE of you and am approaching a strange island. Ever heard of Loucell?"

"Loucell? Yes, though I haven't been there in ages. Moderately-sized, varied terrain, inshore capital, docks on the east side."

"Thanks. Got any idea what kind of people are there?"

"Some ex-Tempests moved to Loucell after the wars. Nothing organized last time I was there. Actually - no scratch that. There's a team called the Expeditioners up there. Dunno much about them unfortunately."

"Expeditioners? Hmm.."

"I wouldn't expect much, but it may be worth checking out."

"Alright, I need to re-supply, so it's worth stopping anyway. Thanks, now go get some sleep."

Charlie laughed at this remark.

"The crazy daysleeper is lecturing ME on sleep? Anyway, have a good 'night' hehe."

"You too."

Daysleeper. Lewis got that quite a bit now. He had become so used to fighting and moving at night that he tended to sleep during the day instead. This characteristic was not unheard of, but one had to have seen some serious stuff in order to have their whole clock switched around.

Lewis turned his attention back to the lighthouse. Rounding the point, the east side of Loucell opened up. Several hours of star navigation brought him to the position of the docks on the chart. They were indeed present, though crowded with boats. They also looked a bit iffy. Preferring not to be noticed much, Lewis instead threw down anchor in the middle of the harbor, tossed his gear into a waterproof bag, and swam ashore.

His chart didn't have many land features labeled, but the main roads and the capital Loucellville were marked and not too far away.

Lewis had arrived at the main city, but pre-dawn light was approaching. He was dead-tired from the trip and began looking for a place to get some rest. He passed a school called Sir Jonathon R. W. G. Wellington High School for Girls. There was a small park nearby. Perfect. Lewis walked behind a cluster of trees and fell asleep on the spot, clutching his 12K and ready to jump awake at the slightest disturbance.

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!
DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #43
JuchTurtles

UserID: 1928
Post Re: RP: What do you think?

Juch and steelboot ran to Juch's jeep, which was parked in the driveway. "I'll drive you shoot," Juch said. Steelboot grabbed the Max-D 6000, pumped it to full pressure and asked, "Why a Max-D 6, why not a CPS.". "The government hasn't given me those yet, I have to wait.".
They sped down the hill to defeat the enemies on the streets of Loucell...
JuchTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #44
cantab
Administrator

Needless to say, the Engineer had received Lewis's transmissions. Loucell didn't get that many newcomers. He'd keep an eye out for this guy next time he headed into town. Which might be pretty soon actually, he needed some new coax. (Coaxial cable, for radio antennas.)
Old 09-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #45
steelboot
XP 270 User

steelboot took a glance at his MXD 6k and muttered "Pathetic. Why can't I run over to my rented place and grab my CPS 2500? I'll be back in, like, five minutes. Don't start without me." "Meh", replied Juch. "Only if you hurry up." steelboot darted back to get his CPS 2500 and was back with Juch in less than ten minutes. They were ready.