Colossus for the devastator

Threads about water gun modifications.
USSA

Post by USSA » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:21 am

I've just colossused the devastator and preformed a check valve freeze. She was working fine until a small leak began. The stores are closed however and I'm out of epoxy putty. Anyway I'll finish tomorrow and post a bunch of the pics I took.

On another note: (I want to stay away from the phrase after it wound up not being true for the 2100) However the Flash Flood seemsunmodablee. Correction - it looks perfect to mod just a monster to open. I have a feeling that we'll be needing a hack saw to get this puppy open... If anyone has and ideas I'm all ears, thanks.

On yet another note: I just added the nozzle adapter for my 21k, not that anyone cares but I've had a very good day.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:24 pm

The AquaPack Devastator sounds good. How large is the leak? Is it losing a lot of water? Also, does it look like some sort of PC expansion is possible? For a cylindrical pressure chamber, you'll need to replace the case it's held in with a larger one (if you didn't know).

Hmm, where do you need to cut on the Flash Flood? I might not get one if it's too complicated. Take a picture and label the caps and such and I suppose you'd get some help.

USSA

Post by USSA » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:43 pm

It's still leaking even after some epoxy putty :( so I'm planning to add more. (It was originally glued shut but this is no longer.

On the note of the Flash FLood I'll post pics when I get a chance... I have a ton of homework all week.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:16 am

I'm new to soaking, so I'm not sure if the terms I'm using are correct.
On my Flash Flood, after unscrewing all the screws(what a pain), I brute forced it apart. After that, I found 2 problems with getting it open,the cap on the front of the pump shaft(I sawed that), and a screw on the inside of the gun holding it together, just pull on the 2 sides really hard, that gets the screw open. I've been fighting with it for a while, it hasn't had any problems.
Hope you found this helpful(or at least understood what I was saying)

I can't get pictures from my computer to here unfortunately

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:39 pm

You post formatting is poor... I find it hard to read what you are typing. In the future, put a line in between paragraphs and a space after commas and before parenthesis (). ;)

Good that you've got the Flash Flood opened though. Which mods are you planning on trying out?

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:56 pm

I've already drilled the nozzle to 1/8" instead of the previous 1/16", I didn't like the previous output, it's better now.

I'm working on a review for the flash flood that I plan to submit when I finish

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:37 pm

I must say, you're a lot more willing to try new things than most new members (very impressed).

Are you going to try some form of power mod? (I not sure if colossus or k-mod is required).

Keep up the good work hunter! Oh, try to use good spelling and grammer, they are very very keen on it here.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:45 pm

I thought about colossusing it, but I didn't happen to have a bike innertube at the time. I might try it sometime though

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:01 pm

Hunter emailed me pictures of the Flash Flood. I'll host the Flash Flood's internals here until I add them to the site.

Take note of the orange pressure relief valve for super easy check valve freezing! Thanks Hasbro! ;)

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:02 pm

WOW! It's almost like Hasbro wants us to mod these things. Now I'm definitely getting one. It looks really easy to colossus. Hasbro gets two thumbs up for this year. B)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:39 pm

The mechanism around the top nozzle looks fairly complex, any ideas why?
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:34 pm

Originally posted by Commander_Gaunt@Feb 13 2005, 02:39 PM
The mechanism around the top nozzle looks fairly complex, any ideas why?
[snapback]22248[/snapback]

The mechanism for the top nozzle is just a bigger version of the mechanism on the bottom nozzle, it just looks complicated because the thing that fires it (trigger?)is so close to the valve.

Or maybe I just took the picture at a bad angle, I will email doom a photo of the valve.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:02 pm

I'm going to go mod-happy this year, I'll do every mod I can for the FlashFlood, NOT the devestator, besides, the Dev is more expensive, Hey, that's funny.... Besides, the FlashFlood would look KILLER in black, blue with yellow accents.

Guys, that trigger valve on it is just a bigger version of the Max-D type valves.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:10 pm

http://techlog.sscentral.net/archives/7 ... cepts.html

Those looking for Flash Flood modifications should check out this TechLog entry I made yesterday. ;)

[email='test[at]test.com']test[at]test.com[/email]

Just testing out a few modifications I made myself. Alt tags are a little more appropriate now, email addresses that are posted are protected from spammers, and links are noted that they open in a new window.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:29 pm

Awesome, and thankfully I just bought a FlashFlood at Target today, wow it has KICK.
I don't check this forum anymore.