CPS 2100 squeky pump and trigger

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:04 am

I just got a CPS 2100 yesterday, and when I pull the trigger or pump even slightley fast they squeak :huh: this could be a big problem on the field so I was wondering what to do? thanks in advance ^_^

EDIT:sorry for the misspelling on the title, I was pretty tiored when I typed it :(
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:33 pm

I don't think I have ever encountered something squeaky like that. I don't see how the trigger could be squeaky, but the pump I think may have had water on the inner part that caused this problem but I'm not sure. See what the others about this, maybe they have had a squeaky gun before.

Btw you typed tiored in your edit I guess you still are tierd :Hey, that's funny.:

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:15 pm

yea,still tired -_- I got like an hour of sleep since I was looking through my backyard with a flashlight most of the night to find stuff I could use for bases and things like that ;) the pump squeaks whenever im pushing it back in, it's kinda like a low pitch door opening sound.may it have something to do with the bladder thing filling up? sorry I don't know much about soakers yet so I don't know what I'm really talking about, but I think it might have something to do with it ;) The trigger only makes a high pitch noise when I'm releasing it. Maybe I just need to oil it or something like that ;)
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:47 pm

My 4100 does that too, it probably does not effect the gun. But like you said bad in battle. -_-
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:17 pm

I don't think it's anything bad, at least from my experience. If you don't want any sounds, just grease the pump and trigger. Also read the Pump Mods article for more information on greasing pumps.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:29 pm

K, Thanks Doom ;)

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:27 pm

This is the sound of the innards working. If it is an issue with the gun not pumping or trigger pulling smoothly, add WD 40 carefully. Do not get WD 40 into the pump cap, only the shaft. If you have a track-pump, you don't have much to worry about. Please Review all Board Guidelines for instructions on proper spelling and grammar, policies, etc.