Treehouse

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
death angel

Post by death angel » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:16 am

Treehouse's make excellent bases. You can easily drop water bombs on the opposing team as they pass. If the try and climb up just have your HWO soak thoruoghly with his powerful weapon. You can also store weapons and water balloons in the treehouse. If you have crate and a rope you can lower weapons and other objects down to your foot soldiers. Does anyone think that treehouse's are bad bases?
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

marklar744

Post by marklar744 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:27 am

Yeah, that would be cool, but none of us have treehouses. And the one kid we know who does, his house is too swampy and foresty. And you could definatly use a treehouse for sniping.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:22 pm

Treehouses aren't as wonderful as you may think. They are hard to get out of quickly, which can mean elimination in a fast-paced war. Also, no matter how well designed, the attackers can find ways to eliminate teams stuck in treehouses. Waterballoons are particularly effective, and can be flung into the tree house from a safe distance with any reasonable quality WBL. Attacking grunts can run under the platform if possible and use it for cover while blocking the escape route. Personally I think tree houses are death traps, and I would never use one.
Victory to Unit 1!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:30 pm

None of the guys I know have a treehouse at our age. We use what is avaliable (patios, outdoor furniture, high-level decks, etc.) and they aren't normally completely sheltered.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:39 pm

treehouses are pretty good, but they would only be good if you had a big one and a lot of people. people would just use hit and run tactics and lob water balloons at your stationary position. make sure you have waterproof seals on your wood Hey, that's funny.. you wouldnt want the wood to rot and break between your feet Hey, that's funny.. it would be interesting to make it a dome like waterproof structure with small slits that can be used as firing ports, that can also be replaced with plastic blocks to seal it. with enough food, you could defend that position for days!
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:24 am

Ahh, no. You can survive without food for up to 3 weeks. Without supplies of water, you're not going to be able to defend yourself for an hour. I would just collussus my new 2500 to get more range and aim the 20x blast at your slits!
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:11 am

I would like to say from experiance, that I have used a deck with only one way to get in and out. It was high up like a tree house, and was square. We fended them off from below for awile, then they realized that they could come across the roof. Using only waterballoons they pumled us, we had only 1 liter of extra water. Don't use Tree houses unless you have supplies to last for hours!
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:43 pm

A treehouse might be useful, but never put your whole force there, unless you are attempting a stalemate (as one might conceiveably need, if the enemy is proving too strong). Maybe put one or at most two people up there to snipe, keeping the rest of the force outside to rescue/perform the main attacks.

You could even use the treehouse as a lure...I.e. two snipers put there annoy the enemy to such an extent that they forget about the rest of your team...then you team comes out from behind them and the enemy is caught in crossfire from above and behind. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:06 pm

Treehouses might be more valuable as part of a defensive complex, like with m4's at Salamandastron. I stil think, however, that it could be a massacre if you get stuck up in a treehouse with only one way in or out... At the very least, have an emergency exit.
Victory to Unit 1!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:20 am

I've changed my mind. Never use a treehouse, they are fudgeing deathtraps. Unless ground troups give you a large amount of support, your are stuck in there like a sardine in a can. You will most likely be receiving heavy balloon attacks, and if you return fire you quickely drain your water supply. Even if you have a back exit, a tree is a tree, and you still have to get down it.
BlueSoak.net

treebomber

Post by treebomber » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:35 pm

I have one, it works good. ^_^

Edit: Attention! This post is too general to be useful. How is the treehouse good? Why is it good? Posts like this in the future I'll delete. Be aware.

soakerfool

Post by soakerfool » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:08 pm

My friend has a tree house and one of the advantages for him is that he is a little suicidal and likes to jump. He's also a nut... <_< but to put some one like that in a tree house could make it more valuable esspecially considering that the nut has a rope to tie, swing and jump :Hey, that's funny.: .

death angel

Post by death angel » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:28 pm

Ok, thanks for the feedback. Maybe anothe cool place to have a water fight would be a huge playground, with the towers and slides etc. as bunkers. Then one high tower could be a base and it would be easy to exit, you could just slide down the slide from the tower. ;)
(The enimies could get up the slide but if it was a metal slide and had water on it it would be extremely slippery.)
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:43 pm

I found a cool park like that, that also had awesome feilds, mounds and forests around it. The only problem would be supplying water to both sides. It was too far away from the parking lot to carry your own water, and the only other source is a bathroom.

Also: It had a fresh water lake. That would damage soakers right?
BlueSoak.net

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:07 am

Whats wrong with fresh water? If you hold the soakers underwater and they use CPS tech then they might eventually break. Just use something to scoop up the water and pour it into the guns. People say use only clean water, but thats only b/c they are afraid someone will get hurt. We refill in the brook, and none of the soakers have broken because of that. It sounds like a nice place to have a battle.
make supply dumps before a fight so people won't have to carry their own water in.
Back on topic:
A treehouse might be useful, but never put your whole force there, unless you are attempting a stalemate (as one might conceiveably need, if the enemy is proving too strong).
You are going to be pinned there. Guerilla warfare might be more effective in that situation. Putting some of your team there would work if the rest of your team sets up an ambush while the attackers are distracted.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!