Broken CPS 1000, help with disassembly

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Yopladas

Broken CPS 1000, help with disassembly

Post by Yopladas » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:50 am

Hi all, I have a '97-'98 CPS 1000 (I know the year of manufacture is officially 1998, but it says 1997). The problem is, that when I pump, it releases water immediately. According to your "repairs" page, this can be fixed with a rubber band. The problem is, I cannot disassemble it. The (what I call) orange nose of the super soaker will not come off. I read on your site that it somehow screws off, but my question is what screws off? My camera is broken, or I would have provided pictures, so my description will have to do. There's two parts, the larger nose piece, and the tip within that, which is located at the very front. Neither screw off, or seem to come off for that matter.

If you need more details, please ask away.

This is a really old water gun and I don't want to have to buy another as it still works and has many fond memories attached to it.

edit: A long time ago, this was my brother's. I remember having another one similar to it, but longer. Now looking at the reviews on this site, I realize I had a CPS 2000, and I now remember he was broken when he stepped on it once.
This site is awesome!
Last edited by Yopladas on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yopladas

Re: Broken CPS 1000, help with disassembly

Post by Yopladas » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:48 am

It looks like I might have the re-release (that is held in place with glue)

Any way to still take it apart, or is that impossible without breaking it?

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:09 am

Oooh.
You might have to break the nozzle apart, and re-attatch it with screws.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:41 pm

You can still pry off the cap, or you can cut it open by cutting along the plane where the casing splits. Use a dremel, though a sharp flathead screwdriver and a hammer can also do the job without producing so much dust.

Yopladas

Post by Yopladas » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:46 am

Thanks, I'll try plying at it for a bit, if that yeilds nothing, I'll cut along the top and re attach with screws (screw the back of the orange tip onto the grey plastic below it)

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some good method and didn't want to screw it up more than I have to.

Thanks!!