Splat Blaster repair

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
CROC

Splat Blaster repair

Post by CROC » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Ok, so here's the information you may want to know:
I was trying to shoot my splat blaster, and it wouldn't shoot. I checked the trigger plug at the front of the gun, and that the reservoir had water in it. The gun would not shoot, but would make the clicking noise, and I could cock it perfectly fine. However, no water came out, or when it did, it was nowhere near what I had remembered.

I opened the gun up, to find the problem, and after taking it apart, noticed that there was a crack in the piece that cocked the plunger back. I tried using simple plastic glue, but that failed, as I could easily pull it apart after it sat for over a day. I have epoxied it, and will check it's strength later.

I've done this to nerf guns before (Namely the Maverick, after power modding it), when the pulling piece separated it from the metal rod that pulled the plunger back. Would this give similar effects, or would it be a bad idea?
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Silence

Re: Splat Blaster repair

Post by Silence » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:39 pm

Use a metal strip to reinforce the piece like in the snapped trigger repair. If the problem is more complicated, a picture or two would help.

Good luck! :cool: