XP 90 Pulse Fire

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
C-A_99

XP 90 Pulse Fire

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:11 pm

In the summer, I saw one lying in my friend's garage. He did lose the Pulse Fire nozzle for some reason, but I think there is still a nozzle in there. (kind of forgot) I took a look at it and the pump slid extremely easily and wasn't sealed, and it seemed like the check valve also didn't work, though I wasn't sure. Then, about a month or 2 ago, my dad found an XP 90 Pulse Fire in the basement and it has the same problem with the pump. (though I didn't open it up and don't know about the check valve) Since this has come up twice already, I think it's fairly common and people have had the same thing happen. If it's just the pump, I can do the repair, but if the check valve doesn't work, there's nothing I can do.

To the SC400, sometimes the pump slides too easily and squeaks, not maintaining a seal. This only occurs when you move the pump at a certain angle (relative to the blaster) and/or move it slow or suddenly, etc. but really isn't too big of a problem. I think something's up with the O-rings for both guns however. If I do a replacement to the O-ring, I'm going to need diameters.

The issues have been around for a while but I never posted about them.

Edit: I just did a little experimenting. I filled the reservoir completely (with the intake tube submerged at all angles) and fired it downwards so the water drips out. Whenever I pointed it downwards, the water never went out of the pump, and the pump was just as free as it was before, so I know the only problem now is the pump seal. I suppose this is the same case for my friend's but I haven't seen his XP90 since last summer. The mk I have is, I believe, the same one at iSoaker. The one my friend has is slightly different, but both have threaded Pulse Fire nozzles.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:37 pm

So...what is the issue here? Are you just asking for advice on the O-rings? Unfortunately, there's not much I can say.

I would just take the O-rings out and measure them using a ruler or a more precise tool if you have one. That, or take them to Lowes and compare it to the O-rings there.