Super Soaker To Nerf?

Threads about water gun modifications.
Pvt.McFlurry

Super Soaker To Nerf?

Post by Pvt.McFlurry » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:27 pm

Does anyone know how to mod a super soaker to be a nerf gun? If so how do I do it? Also what would be the best gun. (Biggest airtank?) I really could care less about Rate of Fire. Also if its a big gun I could care less. Thanks.

Pvt.McFlurry

P.S. This is my first post so if this is in the wrong place please let me know.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:53 pm

Really easy modification. Just attach a barrel where the nozzle previously was. Here's a popular guide: http://yakman.i8.com/super%20soaker.htm

Homemade Nerf guns will definitely beat any modified Super Soaker to a pulp however. Super Soakers take too many pumps and use a CPS system... not completely ideal for Nerf guns. They'll shoot a Nerf dart hard and far, but not completely efficiently, and they definitely can outclassed.

However, this forum is for water guns specifically, so I'll direct you to a Nerf forum where they get these types of requests on a daily basis: http://www.nerfhaven.com/forums/

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:45 pm

Welcome to the forums! There is no best gun, but you can read some of the stickied threads here and at other forums, or the top guns list at iSoaker.com, for a quick analysis. It really depends on what you're looking for.

I've mentioned it more thoroughly somewhere, but the problems with soakers being used for Nerfing is the excessive use of pumps, limited range/nozzle problems, etc. I'll try to find that post.

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:40 pm

The Flash Flood works really well for this. Check out my post:

http://www.isoaker.com/cgi-bin/Ikonboar ... =&&#entry1

To make this more effective, you'd need a 1/2" to 3/4" reducer/bushing/whatever.

I got very good range with this. I shot paper darts & Giant Pixie Sticks somewhere close to 100 ft. Nerf darts should hit somewhere around there, too, I just didn't want to lose them outside.

If anyone cares, these are paper darts:

http://www.tomshiro.org/pdart/

Please do not shoot these at people. This is not my article, and I am in no way responsible if someone does get hurt.
Last edited by Rook on Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:16 am

I got very good range with this. I shot paper darts & Giant Pixie Sticks somewhere close to 100 ft. Nerf darts should hit somewhere around there, too, I just didn't want to lose them outside.
Being a big Nerfer myself, I am not impressed at all by 100 feet. For the amount of work you have to do pumping in this case, 100 feet is not good at all. Some older spring pistols like the Secret Shot II when modified can easily shoot over 100 feet. And that is the equivalent of 1/2 of a stroke of a pump to get that too.

CPS guns also not the best guns to modify into Nerf guns. Super Soakers, in general, do not tend to have high flow and are designed to empty their contents over some time, not in a sudden burst like what would be optimal. In all, it would just be better (and cheaper in my opinion) to just build a simple homemade. A simple hose handle homemade would easily get 150 feet and do it in less pumps.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 am

As I have said before to others:

"Don't modify super soakers to become Nerf guns"

It is really inefficent - I even tested it with a temporary rig on one of my soakers. It don't work kiddo.

If I wanted to shoot nerf darts, then I would use some form of homemade nerf gun, not an altered super soaker.

My homemade air cannons can easily chuck things much further, and with much less effort than a modifed soaker could.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston