New possible battlefield for 2005 season

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:37 pm

I was walking down this path near my house one day, and went down as far as it goes. I found a large area, complete with a drainage pond in the middle. One end has "caves" and the other end has lots of boulders. It's really neat, I'll take some pictures today.

EDIT-I took some photos of the area. You can find them <link terminated>
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:31 pm

WOAH! Now that is a great find for a battlefield. ^_^ I just hope its public property or the owners let you use it, I don't think they would mind. That's really cool, you have a small river there, caves to possibly hide in or snipe out of, it's a great area, I hope you have some nice wars over there. Just be careful of anything that may be living in or around that area like snakes, etc.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:28 pm

I'm quite sure it's public property. No one in the area would mind if we used it, since me and my buddies hang out in the caves regularly. The body of water you called a river is unique, but it's more of a pond because the water doesn't flow from it, only to it. The water line rises drastically after it rains. I took pictures of it when it's only being fed by a small creek. I'll take one more picture of it after it rains and then you'll see the difference (it's quite noticeable).

EDIT-The only animals that we found living there are snakes, and they are garder snakes (don't bite and are harmless). Mice live in the area but I doubt they will be a problem. The caves are really neat and an entire soaker team could fit in them and there are 3 entrances/exits that we know of. The caves aren't all completely sheltered and there are narrow crevices that anyone on the surface could look down, but setting up defenses there would be easy. Rumors say that there are more caves in the forest, but dead foliage apparently are covering over these caves.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups