nozzle selector

Threads about water gun modifications.
Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:02 pm

does anyone know how to make a homemade nozzle selector like the ones on soakers? I had an idea but don't know how to get pics from my PC to here :( .

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:18 pm

There is. It depends on the type of soaker you're planning on using it on. Here it is. Also, you could of found this if you checked the website. Do it in the future before you make a topic. B)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:24 pm

I already saw that nozzle selector on the site, I meant the kind that has a turning thingy with a bunch of nozzles like on the CPS 2500 or XP 310. :mellow:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:53 pm

There isn't a nozzle selector like that. Well, not of my knowledge. Creating a rotating nozzle selector would probably take a lot of time to create. If you want to create one you're going to have to design and make it yourself.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:24 am

What would likely be more worthwhile is an "iris" type aperture nozzle, similar to the aperture ring in many cameras. Apparently you can buy these types of rings in some hardware stores. I am wondering whether or not they will leak on smaller nozzles or if they will form a stream correctly.

Normal style nozzle selectors are possible, though they'd be hard to make. There was a homemade Nerf barrel selector, and I will find you the link in a short time. I can not remember the URL right now, but it did let you switch barrels for a Nerf gun rather quickly and it could easily be modified as a water gun nozzle.

Vintage

Post by Vintage » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:12 pm

I think this is the turret that Doom was talking about. You could put nozzles at the end of each barrel.

~Vintage

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:39 pm

^ Yes, I was thinking of one exactly like that. Thanks very much for the link! All you would have to do in order to turn that into a water gun nozzle selector is add a few endcaps with holes drilled out on the end of each barrel.