SC Mod?

Threads about water gun modifications.
martianshark

SC Mod?

Post by martianshark » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:13 pm

Could you take a water gun such as a Flash Flood, and modify its flood nozzle into an SC fill port? I think I've figured out how to make a homemade SC fill port, and this would make it a pretty good hose-powered backup.

cantab

Re: SC Mod?

Post by cantab » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:47 pm

Not without affecting what the flood nozzle does.

And ideally that's not the best place for an SC fill port anyway, since the firing valve is in the way. An SC fill port is basically a connector with a check valve behind it, letting water in but not out.

Looking at pics of the Flash Flood internal, I reckon you could break into the tubing that links the flood and stream sections - the vertical portion in the middle of this photo:
http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis ... 6_1024.jpg
Fit a T-junction in there, and then the SC port can come either out the side or maybe forwards and be between the nozzles. The tee is in the output path for the stream nozzle, so you want it to be full diameter, no constrictions or you might hurt stream nozzle performance.

The other location is just after the pump exit, so at the bottom of the handle. Risk intruding into the grip space though.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:40 pm

I was thinking of just pulling the flood trigger back and not using a check valve. I don't think the pressure would be strong enough to force it out of the QFD, and I could still use the flood nozzle then.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Yeah, if you do go through the flood nozzle then you can ditch the check valve and just use the firing valve manually. Simplifies the build, but adds complexity to the filling process and makes it that little bit slower.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Okay then. Thanks.