attempting a "better looking" Homemade

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
MyStic

Post by MyStic » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:06 am

I have a lot of misc. guns that I never use anymore and had no clue what to do with them. I started getting into the topic of homemades a little bit ago, and started coming up with ideas. Well, the major idea of this was basically making a homemade, and pretty much put it into another gun to make it look like an actual SS.

I also am pretty talented when creating and using tools so I could probably even do some more cool stuff with the gun afterwards :D There is a few problems I'm running into though. One is that it would obviously have to be much shorter than normal for the gun I was going to use, which made me wonder how this would effect the range and output of the gun, and two is that installing it and making it all fit right would be a fairly big challenge. I could probably get it in the gun with fairly little problem but then I have to make it shoot with the trigger instead of just turning the valve, which shouldn't be that big of a problem for me. Anybody have any input on this?
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:28 am

Actually, making the homemade use the trigger will be the hardest thing to do. I can't even think of a possible way to do it. :huh: Also, put styrofoam or some other material around the internals so its nice and snug and won't move around. Once you've finished, I would love to see some pics. B)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:13 am

I will make sure to put some pics once I finish it ^_^ As for the trigger I think that I could make it work by using some wire and bending it aroudn stuff and do something like that,and could possibly get it to work B)
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:01 pm

If a tube is going to the nozzle you could make a cheap trigger that when your'e not pulling it down it kinks the tube. ;) Plus you don't need a trigger valve.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:09 pm

That is a posibility but theres a good chance that it would leak water through and eventually it would mess up the tube. I have spent little time so far so im not completely sure how its all going to go yet. With christmas pretty much hear and getting pounded with school work I don't think I'l be doing a whole lot with it for a little while -_-

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:26 pm

The lull of post christmas time is always a nice time to do stuff like that.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:42 am

I will probably have a few days during the christmas vacation to work on the SS,but until then I may only have an hour or two.

This may sound a little weird to some of you, but I'm 14 and I have my own house ^_^ What its here for was my mom used to run a business with small animals and we bought a mobile home and set it next to our house. Later on she quit doing that and the house was empty till about a year ago when I moved in :D

Anyway,I just turned my whole dinning room,which I never use cause I don't like eating at a table, into a workshop for my SS, paintball guns,model cars,and whatever else I need it for so now when I do get to work on my gun I'll have some proper space to do it ;)

On the topic of building the gun, Should I use some tubing in it,or should I just stick to PVC? Which works better?

EDIT: Your spell checker must not catch all mistakes,unless fe is a word I don't know about?

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:50 am

You could use plastic tubing on non pressurized areas. Tubing comes in hand quite often because it's flexible. PVC on pressurized areas though. The PSI might explode the tubing.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:52 am

Ok thanks Nibro. I'm going to go and start design ideas to make sure I get this thing right ;) I'll post back once I finalize my idea B)

Edit by Nibor: CoughcoughitsNiborcoughcough. :Hey, that's funny.:

Edit by MyStic: Sorry :P

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:43 am

For the trigger, all you'll need is a sprinkler valve, and wire it to a switch which can we used as a trigger. duh

Edit: Use spell check!
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:04 am

Thanks for the trigger idea blue B) Here is a pic of basically what I'm starting with ^_^

EDIT:I can't get it to go up right? Can somebody help me out?

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:37 am

E-Mail the picture to me, [email=dan.poggi[at]gmail.com]dan.poggi[at]gmail.com[/email]. I'll put it in the gallery.

DOUCHE! (talking about nibor's WBL :P , still the best name ever)
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:00 pm

Thanks for the help Neo! here's the pic B) http://www.sscentral.net/images/dcp_0180.jpg

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:29 pm

I think you might want a bigger casing thant that. Usually a homemade is quite large.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:07 pm

thats why I asked in my original post how this would effect everything ;) I think that I can get it to work fairly good, after some tinkering. I will have to be very careful when making it to make sure that it all fits right,and I need to leave some room for my other modifications which I will be doing to it ^_^