replacement parts

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
karailiasa

replacement parts

Post by karailiasa » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:26 am

my kids have a speedloader power surge 2500 made by wild water weapons, and we can't use it becouse the super speed auto loader is broken is there any were you can get this part from would be very helpful.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:55 pm

Sadly, that part is no longer made. The company that made the Speedloaders no longer exists.

My only tip for an existing filler is to check eBay for the next few months, hoping one shows up. I have seen them several times on the US eBay over the past few years.

A few months ago I did offer to build a homemade equivalent of the Speedloader QFD to someone who asked me by email (not sure what happened to that). This is always a possibility, but the hard part would be for most people to build it. Not everyone is a do-it-yourself type person, but if you are, you could definitely build a homemade equivalent that is even more durable than the original.

Hope this helped.

:)

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:40 pm

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure there's a way to work around this.

I don't know exactly what a Speedloader quick fill device looks like, but I presume it would just be a tube with O-rings and maybe a check valve. It would be great if you could upload some pictures of the broken piece.

You might be able to fix the autoloader with epoxy glue or something similar.

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:48 pm

Building a homemade equivalent is always possible, but how bad is the original quick filler? Maybe it would be easier to repair it. I've used epoxy to repair one and it's working fine now.
Armory: AS Hydroblitz (x2), MI FlashFlood, STE TripleShot, XP Backfire, XP 215, XP 105, XXP 175, Big Bottle BLaster(x2), SC Power Pak, SpeedLoader1000, SpeedLoader 1500, SpeedLoader Double-Cross 3000, CPS Splashzooka (x2), CPS 1200, CPS 1500,CPS 2100, CPS 2000 Mk2, CPS 1-3-5