The Article and Mod Submission Thread

General water gun discussion.
RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:19 pm

Here's mine:
-----------------------------
Storing Your Soaker by RacerSoaker.

I am writing this because I have seen all the kids on my block leave soakers outside for days on end, that's how over 50% of water guns get wrecked, if people leave their gun outside for long periods of time, the gun gets faded, dirty, and most of all, dirt and things get in the internals. So, let's get started on making an effective storage solution.

Choosing a spot to store your gun:

Well, we know now NOT to leave the gun outside for more than 5 hours per day, so, where should I store it? Well, here’s a small Do’s and Don’ts list of how to pick a spot:

DO store the gun in a dry location.
DON'T store in direct sunlight.
DO store in a place easily accessible, like a garage or basement.
DON'T store outside. (I don’t care if it’s in a shed or not.)
DO store in a cool environment.
And DON'T store where little kids can reach them.

Choosing a method to store your gun:

So, now you have a location to store them at, but how? Some effective methods of storage are shelves, pegboards, or cabinets. My favorite method is to take a shelving unit, wrap the shelf in bubble-wrap or put a towel over it, then take a plastic bag and put a soaker in it. Very effective, and safe for your favorite guns.

Also, make sure to keep your gun clean; a good idea is to wash the guns every other week, and a bad idea is to never wash your gun. Make sure to use a soapy towel to get it completely clean.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:32 pm

Thanks. This is to be added. It'll take time, I'll leave this open so you can edit it.

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:24 pm

Originally posted by RacerSoaker445@Sep 9 2004, 02:19 PM

And DON’T store where little kids can reach them.

aren't water guns meant for little kids? :Hey, that's funny.: :Hey, that's funny.: :Hey, that's funny.:

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:37 pm

I ment modded guns and heavy guns. (Think CPS 21000 or CPS 3200)

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:53 am

I went through and took out ms word-style apostrophes (Don't sit well with macs/linux) and edited for grammar. (they're=their)
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:50 pm

Thanks Neo, those things happen because I write the article in Word, then copy and paste.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:37 pm

the thing is they don't always even sit well with firefox on windows, sometimes when I see those on a page all I get is garbled text - presumably due to a memory overflow. I should submit that as a bug....
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.