5 years of SSC

Community news posted by the SSC staff.
SSCBen

5 years of SSC

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:13 am

Today marks the 5 year anniversary of Super Soaker Central. Back on March 21, 2003, Freakymist registered sscentral.net. The first day we installed a forum, but we had to delete it for a reason I forgot. The second day, we installed the forum and got it working. From there we started adding content until we got the website we have today.

Let's keep up the good work guys.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Re: 5 years of SSC

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:12 am

Nice xD Happy belated b'day SSC!

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:30 pm

Ben's next post will be his 5000th...so that's about 1000 posts per year. Wow.

I wonder where you'll be in life when you hit 10k? :p

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:41 pm

Actually, I've had 5635 posts total. The post counts here don't count off-topic posts.

My posting rate has tapered off as well, but I do write in general longer posts now. So it might just be even.

It would be interesting to write a script to statistically analyze posters... I did write one to figure out word count for users before and I could easily build on that. Before this post I had written 561441 words and you wrote 364699 for example...

Edit: Now it's 5636 posts and 561531 words.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:41 am

I guess I was wrong.

Neat script by the way. And you'll probably find that my words per post has dropped (considerably)...I don't bother to write very verbose replies anymore.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:38 am

Ben wrote:Today marks the 5 year anniversary of Super Soaker Central. Back on March 21, 2003, Freakymist registered sscentral.org. The first day we installed a forum, but we had to delete it for a reason I forgot. The second day, we installed the forum and got it working. From there we started adding content until we got the website we have today.

Let's keep up the good work guys.
Actually, he registered sscentral.net.

I wish I could go back and enjoy the forums as I once did...and take back all the stupid <insert> I posted as well.

EDIT: aaaah can't post .net. Thats what I meant anyway, maybe thats what Ben meant too.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:07 am

MilkMan wrote: ...and take back all the stupid <insert> I posted as well.
Amen to that.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:42 am

I've removed the sscentral.net filter. I didn't notice it before. At this point, barely any of the links point to .net, so it's not necessary any longer.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:39 pm

Just for kicks, I've found the first incarnation of HydroEvolution, what eventually evolved into Super Soaker Central: http://hydroevol.proboards12.com/index.cgi

It's terrible overall, but you have to start somewhere.

Eventually HydroEvolution evolved into SUPERSOAKER.TK. SSTK eventually evolved into Super Soaker Central. The difference between HE/SSTK and SSC is that we made our websites separate from the forum before. Eventually it made the most sense to consolidate everything.

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:59 pm

Hey guys

I just wanted to say good job with the site Ben, I really like what has been done with the overall design of this site. I check up on it every once and awhile, even though my interest are far from water guns these days its always nice to watch something you helped create from a distance. Anyways I can't believe its already been five years, crazy.

Like I said keep it up guys, what yall have done here really is amazing.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:50 pm

Hey! Glad to see you and glad you like the site. We worked pretty hard and long on it and it can only get better at this point.

We're going to keep working on it so pop by again and see what happens. ;)

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:06 am

Cool. I just wanted to make note of a few things, one is that I was looking back at some of my old post and I just wanted to apologize. I read quite a few where I feel that I was out of line, mainly dealing with my criticisms of the rules regarding punctuation, spelling, etc. I think this ties a great deal in with my maturity level at the time I made those post.

Speaking of maturity, I was also having a brief chuckle about how small and premature my articles on this site are. I think you most definitely can tell I was 13 when I wrote them. I was wondering if the title under my name could be changed to Co Founder ;)

Edit: Out of sheer curiosity did any one here end up with my Monster XL? I sold it on ebay in June of 07 for around $140.
Last edited by Freakymist on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:39 am

You can change your title in your control panel. I just changed it myself, but if you want to change it again feel free to.

Your criticism was fine. It brought me a little closer to reality I think. You did go out of line a few times, but it really doesn't matter at this point. I went out of line a few times. That's the past and you can't do anything about it. All I know is that right now we're doing pretty well.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi Freakymist. Good to see you again. Goodness me, how time moves on...

Spinner
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:19 pm

Y'know, I missed this thread for some bizarre visual reason. Anyhow, happy belated B-day to Super Soaker Central!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::