Backpack modded my XP270

Threads about water gun modifications.
dodger87

Post by dodger87 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:27 pm

Because of my XP270's small reservoir I decided to backpack mod it. I drilled a hole in the cap of my reservoir, and got 2 x 3L orange juice bottles and poked holes in it and stuck 2 pipes in each one and connected it to the hole in my cap. I used some sealant to seal the holes (http://letsdoit.com.au/content/4/sealer3.jpg). I'll take pictures when I get it back from my friend's house, the sealant is still drying off. I just want to ask you guys if you think this will work, especially the sealant, will it keep the holes water tight?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:42 pm

You might need something more substantial than silicone. I've had much experience with it, it's messy and doesn't make a very permanent seal - it's likely to be broken easy. I would have sealed it with epoxy, but that's me. Post how it works out, maybe you're fine.

dodger87

Post by dodger87 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:26 pm

Also is there any mod that I can do to increase the pressure of my XP270? Most of the mods I read require you to take your pressure chamber out and stick balloons in. The problem with my XP270 is that it looks like it'll break if you try and open the front end of it (where the PC is). Any suggestions?

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:50 pm

I believe opening it will be no problem. I just took a look at some pictures of a xp270 and I think the front part your talking about is attatched to the inside, so opening it wouldn't break it. If you do open it and it will break it if you take the two pieces of the casing off, then don;'t go any further and close it back up.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

dodger87

Post by dodger87 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:25 pm

Yeah just tried it out today at my friends house, the sealant was very weak broke real easily. Going to get some Epoxy glue on friday and seal it up again, whats a good brand to look for and what price am I looking at? Also ever since I've started working on my gun its stream isn't straight anymore but sprays everywhere instead even when its got maximum pressure, anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Sometimes when I used the gun I didn't have the cap of the reservoir on because it was still drying off and the sealant didn't fully seal the hole I drilled into the cap either.

[edit] Also any tips on how to seal the pipes into the cap with the epoxy? Because Theres going to be 4 separate pipes from different bottles going into the cap and there will be spaces between them and I want to make my cap water tight, any tips on how to get the epoxy into those small little spaces? [/edit]