Wtf?

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:58 am

I just logged onto ssc, went to off-topic, and saw that Blaze's topic about his site being down was gone. :huh:

Storm

Post by Storm » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:04 am

Hmmm... I wonder who took it down :blink:
Storm

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:07 am

I did, to much flaming but yall have to trust me something will be done about all of this...

BTW hyper is not ssc's legal advisor and the only way ssc could take blaze to court is if I or Doom make the call. And I doubt that would have happened. Blaze I'm sorry your site was totaled. But I'm willing to host your site AD FREE as an apology. ;)

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:15 am

That's very kind of you Freaky and I will consider your offer. Please email me what the hosting will have to offer and I will decide (spikey942[at]comcast.net). Otherwise, I might put my site back up where it was normally. But I do not know if this will happen.

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:18 am

I would like to remind everyone that while Psychomutt techinally owns the ssc domain name and hosting, he is NOT SSCs webmaster and cannot make any decisions regarding copyright. that sole decision is with doo and if it was taken to court, doom would be the person to go to, as psychomutt would be seen as a proxy/rehoster/w/e. The sole right is with doom. and he is behindme. If you put up the site, the request would simply be remade. Until all copyright infringing material is gone, youll get another notice wherever you go.
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:19 am

I will just post the info here:

Hyper was orginally being hosted by me but if you accept I will cut off his site or what ever he's hosting there and give you 15 mb of space ad free with the url http://teenscomic.com/whateveruwant I will host you as long as you want as long as I can pay for the hosting or need the space (HIGHLY doubt either would happen)

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:22 am

Hyper, everyone else had the same "infringing" content I had on my site. For example, iSoaker (and the underground section) and Dux's site. Nothing else on my site was "infringing" if their site abided by the rules.

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:22 am

I'm pretty sure Doom would back me before you hyper as I have a history with him and you don't. You are not part of the SSC staff quit acting like you have authority.

Blaze please note (I never saw your site) so I will help you filter anything that might be a copyright violation. And if anything on there (such as the review system, me and doom made that) that I wrote/designed/etc. I will let you use.

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:24 am

Originally posted by Freakymist@Aug 2 2004, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure Doom would back me before you hyper as I have a history with him and you don't. You are not part of the SSC staff quit acting like you have authority.

Blaze please note (I never saw your site) so I will help you filter anything that might be a copyright violation. And if anything on there (such as the review system, me and doom made that) that I wrote/designed/etc. I will let you use.
All copyrights are dooms. When the site changed hands, so did the copyrights. You can only grant your reviews and articles.
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:26 am

SSCentral © 2003 SSCentral Staff and contributors
I am part of the SSC Staff you are not so I do have rights to the content. I'm also a contributor so anything I wrote is mine I never gave up the rights to it.

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:27 am

Thank you freaky but no thanks. I doubt I will re-up my site, as it has all this horrible publicity and stuff attached to it now. I guess I should've consulted Doom before I took any action.

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:28 am

Originally posted by Freakymist@Aug 2 2004, 08:26 PM
SSCentral © 2003 SSCentral Staff and contributors

I am part of the SSC Staff you are not so I do have rights to the content. I'm also a contributor so anything I wrote is mine I never gave up the rights to it.
"Freakymist, for writing a lot of articles and being a good admin while he was here"

You are not listed anywhere as ssc staff. Only as a coder in your name, and a contributer. You are free to grant to rights to your articles and reviews and those only.
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:28 am

Also teh site never changed hands I am still co founder of this place. I have the same amount of authority as doom. And from a legal standpoint me and doom actually are equals.

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:30 am

Originally posted by Freakymist@Aug 2 2004, 08:28 PM
Also teh site never changed hands I am still co founder of this place. I have the same amount of authority as doom. And from a legal standpoint me and doom actually are equals.
Were you a founder? Yes.

Are you a admin of the site? No.

In court, you would mostlikely be seen as a "proxy" or rehoster, etc.etc. Doom is the one who is listed as webmaster and primary admin. He is the one who has the copyrights and the decisions.
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:30 am

Hyper your becomeing areal AssClown you need a new hobby.
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World