My first homemade, a "syringe type" cannon

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
gonanooks11

My first homemade, a "syringe type" cannon

Post by gonanooks11 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:43 pm

I've pretty much completed my first homemade. I been trying to make this type of water gun foe quite a while, and all it took was a little creativity. All I used was glue, a tennis ball, a piece of 1 1/2 inch pipe, a piece of 2 inch pipe, and a cap for the 2 inch pipe. It works just fine and doesn't leak at all. it just like a stream machine but it's bigger. I'm now working on one with the outer pipe being 3 inch. I'm using a oring for this one though.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:12 am

Hmm...I though the design was a lot like the recent homemade Stream Machine--until I saw you had listed a tennis ball! I'm assuming you used that for the seal--but it's probably better to use an actual O-ring if possible. You can't have a good seal in a tennis ball because the water will just soak through the surface felt, but I guess it'll work well enough--especially since you're not using high pressure.

Or did you peel off the O-ring and only use the inner part? The problem with that is that the inner part isn't perfectly smooth...but it's a neat idea to use a tennis ball anyway. Congratulations!

gonanooks11

Post by gonanooks11 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:59 am

I peeled of the surface felt and turned the cut tennis ball inside-out. It moves through the pipe smoothly, and seals the water.