Some mod ideas

Threads about water gun modifications.
Weaseldood

Post by Weaseldood » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:06 am

I read the text about the backpack mod on sscentral, and I have to admit it sounds kinda fragile. I mean, a garbage bag? That breaks easily, right? I thought of a little improvement(?) on the mod.

Replace the bag with one of those big plastic bottles/canisters used for storing big amounts of water. A base defense system with a huge container would be a nice addition to water wars.

What do you think?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:59 am

That's not really new at all, in fact that's what I did before the trash bag. Many people have tried that already. The 2.5 gallon water jugs are what many thought were the best you could make, but they really are more of a hassle.

My reasons for choosing the trash bag are obvious; it doesn't take up more space than it has to, it needs no vent holes, it is soft, it's cheap and readily available.

The trash bags are stronger than you think. I have used the same heavy dudy trash bag since 2 years ago when I invented the trash bag method. The backpack itself has broken faster than the actual bag inside of it (zipper busted off because of weight, various tears). The trash bag still has no leaks or problems at all.

A more expensive method I also have considered and will do when I find the time and cash. PVC and ABS pipe backpacks will be strong, can have leakless vents (via a check valve), simple in construction and easy to add padding and other things to. Blaze already has made a PVC backpack with a check valve vent as I recommended. It works great from what I know.

I have rewritten that article so that it's shorter and has other methods. I just need to finish the planned update and it'll be put up.