Cps 4100 Types-MK1 and MK2

Threads about water gun modifications.
blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:53 pm

There have been lots of topics about different marks of soakers, but never one about the 4100. Well, I would like to be the first one to write about them.

The first mark, MK1 (or MKAwesome as I call it) was released in 2002. The inside of the cap on the reserve (and the piece of plastic that teathers it) is purple. There is a number under the Super Soaker logo (it is very small though, you must look closely). It has a seam down the back of the reserve. And the best thing about it, the trigger valve is not stubborn at all, so breaking the trigger on the MK1 is very difficult. Also, on the back of the MK1 box, there is something that says: "Extreme soakage and squirtage!". :Hey, that's funny.: .

The second version, MK2 (or MKDifferent as I call it), was released in 2003 and is still in stores today. The inside of the cap on the reserve (and the piece of plastic that teathersit) is orange like the outside of the cap. Unlike the MK1, there is no number under the Super Soaker logo. The MK2 has a series of ridges on the back of the reserve (they look like little rectangles). The trigger valve on the MK2 is stubborn, and this is the version that has the stubborn trigger valve that won't always open when you pull the trigger. This has the trigger that is prone to breaking, and I highly reccomend some sort of reinforcement for the trigger of the MK2. The MK2's box does not say Extreme soakage and squirtage like the MK1's box.

So there you go. If you don't mind reinforcing or fixing your trigger, and MK2 is fine. But if you want the best, most durable version, the MK1 is for you.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:13 pm

MKAwesome and MKDifferent... very, um, original? MK1 MK2 sounds better in my view. I've noticed My version of CPS 4100 is the MK1. I don't know how your 4100's trigger was, but mine broke. It was not strong at all and I was very disapointed in its durrability.
Also there is another MK I believe for 2004 for the soaker tag line. I'm not sure if its different, but if someone got the soaker tag 4100 then look at it to see if its different.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:04 pm

I personally believe that there is an MK3 4100. If Nibor's is mk1, the trigger should not have broken. Nibor and I both have a 4100, both triggers broke, both are different marks.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:36 pm

Exactly how did the trigger break? Did the rod snap, or was it in the valve itself?
"You ain't tellin' nobody nothin'." - Dexter Colt

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:45 pm

They're talking about where the actual plastic in the trigger breaks.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:18 pm

I'll get a pic up soon. I'm talking about the actual trigger. The part you pull with your finger. Theres an area of the trigger thats so thin that after a while it starts to bend and then you can notice a crack and then it just snaps off.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Storm

Post by Storm » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:57 pm

Thanks, that was very helpful, I have now found it I have Mk1, or 'Mk Awesome'.
Storm

ZookaForPrez

Post by ZookaForPrez » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:11 pm

I was wondering if MK1 guns and MK2 guns have any big differences. Is it just a few minor advantages an MK1 has, or is it a big difference of like 7 feet? My cousin just got sent a CPS 4100 from hasbro, and it was an MK1. He knows a lot about guns and he was so excited he had an Mk1.

I'm going to buy a CPS 4100 from a Toys R Us store in less than a week and on their website the box it's in is a MK2. So I just wanted to know if there's any big differences.
Arsenal:

SplashZooka 65 oz.
CPS 4100
CPS 1200 (soon to get)
Max-D 6000
:D

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:04 pm

Let's have a look at other topics first, shall we?

http://forums.sscentral.net/index.php?showtopic=1446

<_<
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:57 pm

There have been lots of topics about different marks of soakers, but never one about the 4100. Well, I would like to be the first one to write about them.

The first mark, MK1 (or MKAwesome as I call it) was released in 2002. The inside of the cap on the reserve (and the piece of plastic that teathers it) is purple. There is a number under the Super Soaker logo (it is very small though, you must look closely). It has a seam down the back of the reserve. And the best thing about it, the trigger valve is not stubborn at all, so breaking the trigger on the MK1 is very difficult. Also, on the back of the MK1 box, there is something that says: "Extreme soakage and squirtage!". .

The second version, MK2 (or MKDifferent as I call it), was released in 2003 and is still in stores today. The inside of the cap on the reserve (and the piece of plastic that teathersit) is orange like the outside of the cap. Unlike the MK1, there is no number under the Super Soaker logo. The MK2 has a series of ridges on the back of the reserve (they look like little rectangles). The trigger valve on the MK2 is stubborn, and this is the version that has the stubborn trigger valve that won't always open when you pull the trigger. This has the trigger that is prone to breaking, and I highly reccomend some sort of reinforcement for the trigger of the MK2. The MK2's box does not say Extreme soakage and squirtage like the MK1's box.

So there you go. If you don't mind reinforcing or fixing your trigger, and MK2 is fine. But if you want the best, most durable version, the MK1 is for you
This is at the top of the page Zooka. Be more observant.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:03 pm

Actually he couldn't have read it because it wasn't at the top of the page. I merged the topics, it was annoying to see two almost identical topic posts so near to each other. :P
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!