2008 hasbro lineup comments

General water gun discussion.
Commander Soakage

2008 hasbro lineup comments

Post by Commander Soakage » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:07 pm

this thread is to share your comments on hasbro's 2008 blasters, shown below
bottleshot.jpg
quick blast.jpg
personally, I think they suck. hasbro has got to be running out of ideas, I mean 2 measly blasters, and they are both piston pressure with a regular stream you could achieve th same effect of the bottle shot by just pouring a water bottle into a different soaker. what do you think.
HASBRO stands for:
Horrible, Atrocious, Stupid, Bratty, Rotten and Obnoxious

SSCBen

Re: 2008 hasbro lineup comments

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:37 pm

We already had some discussion about this in the 2008 water gun report thread, but a new thread's not a problem.

The new blasters don't bother me much because it's obvious that they're not performance water guns and not intended to be them. What worries me though is the trend towards gimmicks. The Bottle Shot is a gimmick without a real purpose. Maybe some people would buy them because they have a lot of bottles, but other than that it's a pointless feature. The Quick Blast is interesting because it apparently features a new valve of sorts that only allows shots when adequate pressure is built up. That's neat, but it doesn't really matter as far as I'm concerned and is just another way to increase the price of the water gun without adding any new features.

My main problems with recent water guns are the gimmicks/complications in design and the low power ratio. We've been told that water guns of larger size and prices higher than $20 are unlikely to sell well. The HydroBlitz has continued for a second year now. The HydroBlitz costs $40 and is the size of a CPS 1500. It's also low powered and full of gimmicks. Perhaps the only way they could sell large water guns would be to fill them with gimmicks? I don't know.
Last edited by SSCBen on Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Commander Soakage

Re: 2008 hasbro lineup comments

Post by Commander Soakage » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:14 pm

I agree with you, Ben about gimmicks being way out of hand, but i think it is better to have some gimmicks and be decent than to have no gimmicks and suck balls. I am not even going to comment on what you said about the HB. although i do think that they should have at least given us one good blaster. Personally i think that hasbro should have released a smaller version of the HB with a regular pump (hint-hint, hasbro)
HASBRO stands for:
Horrible, Atrocious, Stupid, Bratty, Rotten and Obnoxious