SS 100 Repairs

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
animalia

SS 100 Repairs

Post by animalia » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:29 pm

I have a Super Soaker 100, my first super soaker ever, and it will not fire when the trigger is pressed and will not even pressurize when pumped I tired useing a wire to dislodge any debried but it didn't work. I then soaked it in warm soapy water overnight it now gives a fair amopunt of resistance when pumped but water is not transfered to the pressure chamber at all, what should I do now?

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:51 pm

Do you know if the pump can pump water? I can see a few problems that could exist. It's possible that the pump cannot pump water or the water cannot make it to the pump.

First, you should check to see if the pump can function. Try pumping the gun dry (with no water). Pump it about 15 to 20 times and fire it. If it fires air or a mist, then the pump does work.

I do not own an SS 100, but I am pretty sure that there is a small piece of tubing that goes from the tank input into the tank. Does your gun have this tubing? If it does not then it will not be able to get any water from the tank even if everything else is fine.

It is also possible that the firing valve broke down. When you pump the gun, does water (or air for that matter) shoot out of the nozzle?

As always, pictures are worth a thousand words.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

animalia

Post by animalia » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:32 am

I do not know how to post an image on the message boards so you would have to tell me how, but I will try firing it dry.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:03 am

You can attach images with the attachment feature. You also can read how to post images alternatively here: http://forums.sscentral.org/t3747/

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:50 am

I have an SS 100, so I can possibly help and guide here.

The trigger technology is very low-level stuff, so that might be a problem.

The nozzles can get blocked very easily. Your best bet is to get washing-up liquid and try running that through in a fairly strong mix.

If that fails get a toilet/drain cleaner or something that will not damage the weapon. Check it first on the outside of the reservior, or somewhere like that. Then you can see easily if it will damage your soaker.

If it does, try something else - This should aid in the clearing of the nozzle.

If that is insufficent to clear the nozzle, try a mild nozzle drill. This will make it easier for any mess to get out the nozzle.

If we assume that the nozzles are fine, then I'll need to see internals.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:56 pm

A nozzle drill?! No, that shouldn't be necessary until you're sure there's something clogging the nozzle, and even then, there might be another way. AMD Athlon, I believe, used various chemicals to disolve some organic matter.

Do what everybody else has said, but chances are good that there's a leak inside the soaker somewhere. You'll probably have to open it up, and a problem will hopefully be obvious. If not, gently pump the soaker, or pump air and put it under water. A leak will allow whatever you pumped (water or air) to be seen in the environment (air or water). In general, small leaks can be fixed with epoxy...

Do you mind if I changed the thread name to "SS 100 Repairs"? "100 Repairs" is somewhat misleading for me, though I'll probably get used to it...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:06 am

You're right.

"100 repairs" sounds like it's one of Ben's topics to document all the repairs to different soakers.

A nozzle drill should, yes - only be used if you are certain that something is blocking the nozzle. With my SS30, I was 100% certain, so I did a little work to clear the nozzle. After the drill, all the clog came out very easily.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston