Where can i get some 2-3 inch PVC?

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Xray

Post by Xray » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:14 pm

I can't manage to find any PVC over 1.5 inch at my local hardware stores, they say theey Don't stock anything bigger... my dad WAS able to find some 2 inch PVC at the pool supply store, but its outrageously (sp?) expensive, and im in no finantial position to buy it.

If your in Ontario Canada and know of a 'franchise store' or something close to Hamilton where I can get it, id appreciate it a lot!

CPVC or PVC is fine, CPVC is generally more expensive & better though.

...end caps are also needed, im making a high-pressure tank.

OR what else is availible to make a tank, I was going to use an empty blow-torch tank (or 2) but I can't manage to get the special one-way valve out of the neck of the tank.

-blake

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:00 pm

Weird, my local stores have everything, I think up to and beyond 6" ID! However, it has a limited supply of schedule 80 PVC, I would be ordering that anyway.

mcmaster does have a good supply of PVC and rare items, you may want to check them out. I do not know if they ship to Canada however.

CPVC is not higher pressure, from what I know it just is coated in some material to work better with corosive gasses and acids and XPBackfire-esque. PVC's thickness is determined by it's schedule. More info about the thickness is here.

People have tried using fire extinguishers, I actually have one, but you need the ones that are refillable, and there are only instructions on the net on how to make one that uses an old fire extingiusher. There are many options.