Solutions For The 1-liner Problem

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
DX

Post by DX » Mon May 31, 2004 10:21 pm

This has been a problem, as 1-liners are worthless posts that Don't help, Don't make you sound very intelligent, have no use, and are a cheap way to increase that post count. My suggestion to Doom is to set it so that a post under say, 5 words, doesn't add to your post count. This way people would be forced to make more intelligent posts and contribute better to the community. There might be drawbacks but it would solve the 1-liner problem for a while. Also Don't flame me if this idea has been already thought of, as the forums have grown so vast that you can't check every single topic, every post, etc.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 31, 2004 11:11 pm

I would do that, but I don't know enough about how this board works to modify it to do so. However, this is a very good idea. If I learn how to mod the board, I'll do that. ;)

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon May 31, 2004 11:44 pm

The thing is, that people can use the one-liner to answer questions, like saying "thanks" or "thank you". You can't completely get rid of one liners.
I don't check this forum anymore.

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 31, 2004 11:59 pm

good point, but those shouldnt count towards the post count. Sure they are necessary and happen, but someone is going to try and boost their ego by filling up their post count with all 1-liners.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!