Choosing a water gun

General water gun discussion.
TwinNexus

Choosing a water gun

Post by TwinNexus » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:06 pm

Hi guys! I'm new! :cool:

but I need help! i've got a ss xp 270 but I want to get a new one with a bit more power... NO WITH A LOT MORE POWER! :D he he! I was thinking of a SUPER SOAKER MAX INFUSION FLASH FLOODwhat do you think? any ideas? any help wanted!
:) Thanks! :)

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:15 pm

Welcome to SSC, TwinNexus, but could you clean up your post a bit? Poor grammar usually isn't tolerated here, although minor and few mistakes are allowed.

Once you've been around the forums for a while, you'll realize that you simply can't get powerful soakers these days. The CPS and Monster lines of 1993-2003 were excellent, but there are very few decent ones these days. The Flash Flood is a reasonable soaker, because it uses CPS technology and its range isn't that terrible, but you shouldn't get it just for its Flash Flood special feature. The special attack is nothing compared to a good old CPS/Monster shot, and its shot time and lamination are much worse. If you truly want power, build a homemade--they are the best soakers by far, and this site has a lot of information about homemades.

Now, as for suggestions concerning the 2006 line of soakers...

First of all, Buzz Bee Toys is now an excellent rival and usually considered superior to Super Soaker. Their Blazer has performance similar to that of the smaller soakers of the old CPS line, so that's good; and the Krypton is a large PreCharger blaster that is also decent (the smaller PreChargers, namely the Argon and the Krypton, are very good for their size). In the Super Soaker camp, the Flash Flood is decent; but if you need good, consistent power, then consider the Overload (which comes with a backpack compatible with but larger than the separate Aquapack add-on), which has reasonable power from its three nozzles. The Defender, which has no backpack but can use one, isn't that powerful, but it's a decent gun.

00chapin00

Post by 00chapin00 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:10 pm

I recently bought a Flash Flood. It is a good gun and you would like it but don't buy it for the Riot Blast. The normal shot is nice and it has a descent shot time. I would agree with Silent Guy to buy the Overload or maybe the Blazer. Good luck.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:10 pm

Comparing the Blazer to the Overload is like comparing an SS50 to a squirt pistol. No contest here, get the Blazer or the Flash Flood.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:33 pm

TwinNexus wrote:Hi guys! I'm new! :cool:

but I need help! i've got a ss xp 270 but I want to get a new one with a bit more power... NO WITH A LOT MORE POWER! :D he he! I was thinking of a SUPER SOAKER MAX INFUSION FLASH FLOODwhat do you think? any ideas? any help wanted!
:) Thanks! :)

The Flash Flood does not fall under alot of power...or even power...if I think about it, I know some Air Pressure stock soakers that would rip it a new gimmick hole. From all the new reviews I read this year, the Krypton 2006 is suposed to have the most power for your buck with now its largest nozzle reaching 40 feet.
Another option would be the Blastmaster 660, which can reach 45 feet and a stream speed coming close to my K-Modded guns, if you have the muscle strength to power it.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:44 pm

If you have to have a "super soaker" then a flash flood is probably your best bet.

As for other lines, I don't really know about them (no experience with them) so pay attention to others - they know a helluva lot.

Homemades are nice, but not a good bet for a new user.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston