Water baloon mines/traps

General water gun discussion.
Chernobyl

Water baloon mines/traps

Post by Chernobyl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:55 pm

So I was thinking about a several different types of water balloon traps. Here is one of my ideas tell me if you think it would work.

So if an area is heavily traveled through or your base and there's a tree nearby this could work. a bucket full of water balloons is hung on a tree branch and hole is drilled on the bottom which is attached to a string so the string can be pulled tilting the bucket emptying it's payload on the target without you actually being in the tree .

Similarly a few holes of varying sizes could be drilled in the bucket and could be plugged with something so the water doesn't leak. but when need can be pulled out by a string from afar this could work as an unseen sprinkler.

And I had an idea of making a water mine that is activated by a mouse trap. I don't have a mouse trap right now so I can't try this. But if the part where the mouse would be killed under the bar instead would be a balloon. and to activate it I suppose you could use a string depends on the type of trap .

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'd like to know
Thanks
Last edited by Chernobyl on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cantab

Re: Water baloon mines/traps

Post by cantab » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:03 pm

I think there have been threads about this before. The mouse trap idea is novel though.

What I think would be most effective would be a claymore-like device. Take a pressure chamber of some sort holding water, a valve that can be activated by a tripwire, and put a spray nozzle (or multiple nozzles) on to cover a wide area. This should soak people more effectively

Due to the forces involved in opening a water valve I reckon you'd need to go with something electrically actuated. I think stock sprinkler valves are, and though they don't give the best flow that may not matter too much. And try not to make it look like a real claymore mine!

For a remote triggered option, just stick a nozzle on one end of a long hose, conceal it, and have the valve and pressure chamber (or even mains supply) at your end. Or if you have the electrical actuation you could just use that. You might even be able to rig something with a tripwire AND remote triggering, the latter for if you need to discharge the mine before crossing the wire yourself.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Chernobyl

Post by Chernobyl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:18 pm

I don't fully understand. How would a valve be activated by a trip wire.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:02 am

Electronics. When the circuit detects the tripwire has been broken, it actuates the valve.
The wire should be as fine as possible - I think what the military use are as thin as spider webs.

Rough sketch. Tildes are the tripwire. |>o is a not gate. K is a transistor. X is the valve actuator. When the wire is broken, the not gate output switches on the transistor, causing current to flow to the firing valve and the water to shoot out.

Code: Select all

---------------------------------+V
|                             |
| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|>o------K
                              |
                              X
                              |
-------------------------------- 0V
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Comrade117

Post by Comrade117 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Well, compressor is most effective, but to expansive. I would use simple wire triggered slingshots, firing water balloons.
You can also dig a small pool and cover it with leafs and so. Not very effective, but would reduce victim´s movement speed.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:40 am

Why does the bucket need to be filled with water balloons? It could just be filled with water, and it would save you a bucket full of water balloons.

Comrade117

Post by Comrade117 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:35 am

Yes, but I guess it is easier to use balloons in net or something like that.
Water is much more effective, but you can not use heavy water bucket on small trees. It depends on situation. If you have strong tree, arch or something, it could work.