K-mart sale

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Specter

K-mart sale

Post by Specter » Sun May 20, 2007 4:20 pm

i just happened to look thru my paper's K-mart ad to see their summer stuff, and what do i see. "15% off all water guns" so someone go check it out because i don't know of any k-mart near me, or i can't get to it, or i won't have time to go.

Target also has summer items on sale. it says "other selected outdoor toys also on sale" but im not sure if it includes water guns, so someone will have to check it out.
Last edited by Specter on Sun May 20, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Specter

Post by Specter » Sun May 20, 2007 9:11 pm

Im going to be going to target and maybe a couple other stores. Ill check the prices of the soakers and maybe buy the 2 pack of max-d. Ill be bringing $10 or so just in case. I'll report back later when i get home.

I just got back from target. I bought the twin pack of Max-d 3000, they werent on sale but i bought it anyway, $9.99
Last edited by Specter on Sun May 20, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Mon May 21, 2007 4:44 pm

Awesome! I've been thinking of buying two Max-d 3000s, for dual-wielding and stuff. Summer's gonna be awesome!
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 21, 2007 8:52 pm

Specter, thanks for alerting us! Too bad I got my Orca a while back, missed out on the sale...oh well though, not too big a deal. It's probably more effective on expensive water guns like the HydroBlitz, but then again, KMart doesn't stock very many Super Soakers. :cool:

The Max-D 3000s are great guns - good power and range for their size. The only problem is that the triggers might eventually require a spring reinforcement. Once again, thanks for sharing!

Panda, Max-D 3000s would probably be easy enough to dual-wield due to their size. Plus, given the fact that they are pressurized reservoir (PR) water guns, with larger pressurized areas than normal air pressure guns, they have little dropoff. Which means you can shoot a good while before having to break the dual-wield setup to pump.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon May 21, 2007 10:10 pm

Keep in mind the MD3k's have difficult grips too. They are very small (smaller than the grips on many squirt guns) and using a conventional grip while having to pull the trigger all the way is somewhat difficult. You might have to try to find different ways to hold the gun. Also, their capacity doesn't allow them to last long on the field (when used alone). However, I choose to get them myself because of the price, and the MD2k holds even less water. On second thought, Flash Floods might be better for dual wielding, but are a bit heavy, and the MD3k still makes a good pistol/backup considering how compact it is.

Specter

Post by Specter » Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Keep in mind the MD3k's have difficult grips too. They are very small (smaller than the grips on many squirt guns) and using a conventional grip while having to pull the trigger all the way is somewhat difficult. You might have to try to find different ways to hold the gun. Also, their capacity doesn't allow them to last long on the field (when used alone). However, I choose to get them myself because of the price, and the MD2k holds even less water. On second thought, Flash Floods might be better for dual wielding, but are a bit heavy, and the MD3k still makes a good pistol/backup considering how compact it is.

i actually like these Maxd 3k's. i have already configured my grip after using them only once, i can dual weild these easily... i was doing it just around an hour or so ago haha. I like more compact guns, but i will be buying more(bigger ones) in the future.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:06 pm

Yeah, I've been trying to learn how to work around the grips too. So far, I typically adjust my grip so my middle fingers pull the trigger, leaving more room for the fingers. Sometimes I use 2 fingers to pull the trigger.

Well, glad they're working well for you. My friend's hand can't even fit the Tiger Shark's grip well and I could imagine how hard these pistols would be to use for him.

Specter

Post by Specter » Mon May 21, 2007 11:14 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Yeah, I've been trying to learn how to work around the grips too. So far, I typically adjust my grip so my middle fingers pull the trigger, leaving more room for the fingers. Sometimes I use 2 fingers to pull the trigger.

Well, glad they're working well for you. My friend's hand can't even fit the Tiger Shark's grip well and I could imagine how hard these pistols would be to use for him.

yeah, i do the same with the middle finger on the trigger, laying the pointer along the gun seems to steady it for me. I think they designed these guns for intro to water guns for smaller kids hands, but they are a great sidearm

Specter

Post by Specter » Sun May 27, 2007 2:41 pm

Today i looked in the kmart ad again, They have another water gun sale 15% off again. so we should go clean out their stock of water guns haha

Owners

Post by Owners » Sun May 27, 2007 5:06 pm

...And of course all 11 of the K-Marts in Houston went out of buisness
Rule the day

Cps 4100 Cps 2700 Xp 110 Xp 60 2 FFs Max-D 5000 Max-D 3000 with a CVF and a Tarantula