Fire extinguisher gun

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
puggy

Fire extinguisher gun

Post by puggy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:56 pm

Here is a modded fire extinguisher gun. I put a bike tire valve in the bottom and now I can refill it. It has a screw on top so I can fiill it with water or whatever. I added a nozzle and boom! Instant gun! The best ration is 2:1 2 water 1 air. I pumped it up to 100 psi. The extinguisher is small so a larger scale on could be used more effectively and also with higher pressures. In the pics there is a barrel but there isn't any with the water nozzle attachment. I am able to get around 20-30 ft. angled. I can get 10 seconds without running out of water.
Fill valve.

I have a video if no one believes me.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TU2bhXyvUqA
A man with an itchy butt has smelly fingers.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:02 am

Don't worry, we believe you.

How did you pressurize this? Through the hose? This sounds kinda like a combo between a 2-Liter homemade and the Ultimate Water Gun.

One thing, though. While the gun sounds powerful, you should do some homemade-style nozzles--female threaded endcaps for interchangeability with holes drilled through. The range of sizes and a clean cut can perhaps double your range!

Good work and great job, though. ;)

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:54 pm

By complete chance, I was messing around with a massive modified ex-CO2 extinguisher the other day. I was getting water about 50 or 60 feet with around 150 psi pressure, but I didn't bother to measure it.

Maybe I should do it again tommorrow.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

TheArbiter97

Re: Fire extinguisher gun

Post by TheArbiter97 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:37 am

hey dude i think you should use a standard fire extinguisher and the put some hose and hose clamps since the standard one can handle a lot of oressure and water

unless this is your backup if you get cornered