Water Guns! Question, of course :)

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
gilad50303

Water Guns! Question, of course :)

Post by gilad50303 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:04 pm

Hi there,
I am new to water guns. I used to have a splashzooka, which I loved, because it wasn't pump. Too bad it broke. Is there a place to get non pumping water guns such as the splashzooka on the internet?
Thanks!

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:19 pm

Splashzookas are no longer manufactured. There is a battery powered soaker that you might be able to find called the Scorpion. No one is sure how well this works, so you'd be taking a gamble by buying it. If you want a pumpless soaker you either have to build one or look on eBay.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:29 pm

Battery-powered soakers are, and always will be, weak. Look on eBay if you like pump-free soakers that much, but be warned that the prices might not be up to snuff. By the way, you might also want to look at the SC Power Pak or the SC Big Trouble, as their backpacks might hold more water (so you won't need a QFD all the time).

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:06 am

SilentGuy wrote:Battery-powered soakers are, and always will be, weak. Look on eBay if you like pump-free soakers that much, but be warned that the prices might not be up to snuff. By the way, you might also want to look at the SC Power Pak or the SC Big Trouble, as their backpacks might hold more water (so you won't need a QFD all the time).
Big Bee says the new battery-powered Scorpion will shoot 40 feet, whch is the same they say the Blazer will shoot (And the Blazer really does shoot 40 feet). That isn't weak with today's weak soakers. A battery-operated pump sounds pretty good. Overloading without any pumping required.

The Water Warriors Hydra Pak has a PC that is larger than the Power Pak (by 1 liter, for a total of a 4L PC). And it doesn't need a QFD. That's pretty good. The Hydra Pak has the largest PC ever made on a water gun, as far as anyone knows. And that's really good.
EV Nova: - http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/
"A CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!" *Takes 'em home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.* -"snap!"- "A Max-D trigger!""

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:18 am

I'm sure the Scorpion can shoot 40 feet, but the question is: How long will it take for the soaker to completely pressurize? Batteries get used up quickly for weak results.

As for your second point...I think you're getting a little bit off topic. I mentioned the SC Power Pak because it requires no pumping, so don't count that against it if you compare it to the HydraPak (you actually can't compare the two--because of the different pressurization procedures, they are used in different situations. The CPS 3200 crushes the HydraPak).

But I will take some of the blame--I said that "you won't need a QFD all the time" if you use a Power Pak, but I meant that you can go for longer periods of time without having to refill and repressurize--not that you won't need a QFD. Sorry for the confusion.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:26 am

I believe Big Bee said it is 30ml/sec, but I don't remember. He said that the pump couldn't keep up with the largest nozzle, but that the force of the pump would keep it shooting despite that fact.

I think I am perfectly on topic. The Hydra Pak is a very nice alternative to the SC Power Pack. Both have their advantages, so they about balance out. Clearly the 3200 would crush a Hydra Pak, were both users of exactly equal skill and the fight settings the same. Hardly any gun ever made is better than the 3200. But I don't see how your statement about the 3200 is on topic at all, or even relevant.

The Hydra Pak has advantages over the Power Pak because it doesn't require a QFD at all. Many in soakerdom have their wars where no hose is around. The Power Pak would be useless in such situations, but the Hydra Pak would be just as useful as normal. And don't beat up on the Power Pak. A 5x nozzle shooting for 25 seconds isn't bad at all.
"A CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!" *Takes 'em home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.* -"snap!"- "A Max-D trigger!""

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:28 am

The Scorpion will have a battery pack that will be similar to the high quality packs used by electric AEG guns and remote controll cars. So it won't be anything like a basic flashlight or those entertech guns. Plus the scorpion using CPS has something promising. Now of course this is all thgeoretical at this moment.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:56 am

Hmm, I thought CPS was still patented (if it ever was). I guess I was wrong.

If Buzz Bee wants to be able to sell me the Scorpion, then those batteries had better be rechargeable :D .

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:15 am

SilentGuy wrote:Hmm, I thought CPS was still patented (if it ever was). I guess I was wrong.

If Buzz Bee wants to be able to sell me the Scorpion, then those batteries had better be rechargeable :D .
CPS is still patented. I believe it is for another 8 or so years, but I don't quite remeber how long patents last. But Hasbro doesn't seem to defend its CPS pressure system. A Storm a Water Worm, and a few other guns all use CPS pressure unchallenged. But anyway, BB dosn't use CPS power in their guns. They use Hydro Power.

The batteries are totally rechargable. You should visit the iSoaker.com forums. It's good to be active in more than one forum. And that's where Big Bee posts all about the Buzz Bee WW line.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:46 am

SilentGuy wrote:Hmm, I thought CPS was still patented (if it ever was). I guess I was wrong.

Hanibal wrote:But anyway, BB dosn't use CPS power in their guns. They use Hydro Power.

Hasbro's own CPS was patented which are Spherical or Cylindrical. These are hands of for other companies. Diaphram technology by WW is a CPS type, just not the same versions that are patented. Hence why you can find the Blazer in the CPS section on isoaker.com. Hydropower is just a name for the same concept. "CPS" is also just a name but we use it as a general term for every stream with minimal drop off since Larami first came up with it. It can be argued that the constant pressure concept itself CAN NOT be patented, just the methods to archieve the concept. Thats why the A.R.M XL lawsuit was unsuccessful.

From what I remember, Big Bee mentioned that they are rechargable. If there is a compatible battery pack a Radioshack, then one could buy 1-2 spares for a waterfight if one runs out.
Last edited by ZOCCOZ on Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:36 pm

Hmm, I'll take a look at both iSoaker and the Scorpion (when it comes out, if it hasn't already).

I wasn't sure about the patent situation, so thanks for clearing that up. It's a shame the A.R.M. XL guys haven't made more guns like that--and a homemade would be too complex (possible new thread topic?).

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:43 am

SilentGuy wrote:Hmm, I'll take a look at both iSoaker and the Scorpion (when it comes out, if it hasn't already).

I wasn't sure about the patent situation, so thanks for clearing that up. It's a shame the A.R.M. XL guys haven't made more guns like that--and a homemade would be too complex (possible new thread topic?).

My guess is that while the company Ohio Arts from A.R.M XL won the lawsuit, it still did enough damage in legal fees that they had more of a setback than Hasbro did. Ohio Arts is afterall a fairly small company. They won't be making any high quality soakers soon which is a shame. Once again Hasbro did their part in crippling CPS soakers.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:49 pm

Yes, Hasbro is a horrible monopolistic giant.