Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water gun technology > Repairs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
Tim333

UserID: 881
Default Oh, maaaan... I think my CPS2000's ruined.

With all this damn construction going on around my house, something big has run over the tank of my CPS2000. It's still intact, but it's been dented in heavily on both sides... I don't suppose it's possible to fix this.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
Drenchenator
Administrator

UserID: 320

There are not too many ways to fix this problem. You can remove and replace the tank with a PVC pipe or large bottle. Or you could also remove the tank and put in an input for a backpack (like the one detailed in this article). If you post a picture of the tank, we might be able to think of a way to fix it.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
Tim333

UserID: 881

Sure.

There's the old beast, lookin' kind of sad right now. The damage isn't as bad as I thought, it still works.

Small dent on the sticker side of the tank.

Large dent on the other side.

The tank isn't normally supposed to detach, unfortunately, or this would be a lot easier to do something about.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #4
Silence
Administrator

UserID: 576

Welcome to the forums! The problem actually isn't so bad, especially considering the tank is so small and it could very well have been another, more important part of the soaker. Pretty careless of them, though.

Yup, use the trashbag method from the backpack mod article, remembering to use a Gatorade bottle or something. I made mine out of PVC, which is heavier, bulkier, has threads that are sharp enough to cut the trashbag if you're not careful, is more expensive, etc.

Yes, the reservoir isn't normally supposed to come off--it's not like the bottles on old Super Soakers. However, once you open up the soaker simply by unscrewing and keeping track of the various screws (probably by taping them to the casing next to the screw holes), you should be able to remove the reservoir.

Some epoxy and vinyl tubing, along with a drill to cut a hole if necessary, should allow for a nice, clean hose attachment point in the bottom of the opening where the reservoir fed water through. Now you can have a backpack mod for more water, without extra weight and air pockets inside the main reservoir.

Good luck! Feel free to ask any questions.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #5
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

Could you retake some better pictures? These images' contrast and brightness is far too low. I can barely make out what the image is.

Other than that, I think SilentGuy and Drenchenator have covered most every repair possibility. This is most definitely not a fatal problem.

You also could try pushing out the flattened side with a hammer and a rod. This wouldn't involve any opening, but might not work simple because the tank is so flattered. You also might have to epoxy some holes created by the folding (if they exist) if you choose this method of repair.

Good luck with the repair.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
joannaardway
Do not adjust your TV set

UserID: 549

No, this isn't at all fatal.

If I had to repair this, and everything else suggested didn't work, then my solution would probably involve using a bike pump to fill the reservior with compressed air - which should restore the right shape fairly easily.

It worked for my CPS 3200 backpack when I dug it out from under a pile of junk, but I had everything sorted so that was the simplest option - it probably normally wouldn't be.

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston