Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Super Soaker Central > Feedback
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
Shadowshot

UserID: 830
Default What are the points on this site for?

Maybe I'm just thick or missed something but what are the points on this site for? I'm talking about the points next to the box labled latest reputation recieved on our user cp screen. What do they count towards? Are they anything? If anyone knows could they tell me? I'll keep looking on this site for the answer until then.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
Silence
Administrator

UserID: 576

I moved this thread to the Feedback subforum.

The reputation system is this system built into vBulletin that allows people to rate others' posts. It isn't very useful because people barely use it, but I use it to make comments on posts when there's no information of my own to add to a topic. So you can pretty much ignore the points...

This thread/poll was created by Ben about a year ago when he introduced the system. As you can see, it's meaningless that he has 1000 reputation points because nobody uses the system.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
Shadowshot

UserID: 830

Thanks. I was really wondering about that. I'm still trying to figure out this whole site but I'll have a lot of fun exploring.

Joannaardway: I've swapped the posts for you.

Last edited by joannaardway : 08-18-2006 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Post made on wrong account, so I've swapped the text and deleted the mistake post.
Shadowshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

The reputation system seems only to work well on the biggest message boards because most don't know about the feature. We're not that size yet.

I've mainly kept it to put little comments in each others' posts that don't necessarily warrant a new post. You can click the button above posts to add a comment and a reputation point.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote