Why I love the XP 105

General water gun discussion.
CplPunishment

Why I love the XP 105

Post by CplPunishment » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:05 pm

Yes, I know what you're thinking. "XP? hahahah aren't those outdated?" The answer to that would be yes. If you are slow and can carry big guns, stay away from the XP 105. FAR AWAY. If not, you will get beaten by a CPS with longer range every time. Pick up something like a CPS 2000, Monster or anything else you might consider big. But an XP 105 has many uses nonetheless.

This is quite possibly one of the best Super Soakers for recon type missions. It has two pressure tanks, which means that you can pump it up 12-14 times and have 10-12 good shots that aren't misty or weak before having to pump again. The range may or may not vary based on the condition it is in, but all I know is that mine is in terrible condition and it's range is about 24 feet.

Situations in which the XP 105 will perform the best are Capture the Flag Scenarios, long lasting fights, long range recon, large battle zones with plentiful cover, and when ambushing the enemy. It won't slow you down due to its light weight and will give you about ten shots when fully pumped, giving you a good chance even when outnumbered. Be sure to put yourself in situations where you are close enough to hit the enemy before they are ready to hit you. Also make sure you can retreat to cover if necessary. Any direct assaults with an XP 105 against most CPS weapons requires back up. Don't do it alone unless your opponents are terrible, and even then be weary.

You definitely have to be fast and agile though if you want to use this gun, because I'd wager that most CPS guns could out-range it. If you are a fast Cross Country runner, agile, and very sneaky, you and the XP 105 were made for each other. An XP 105 can be very effective if you can avoid an opponents shots, run in and shoot them while they pump, then run away quickly.

One cool feature about this Super Soaker, is that it has a pressure gauge that shows the pressure when you are pumping. But it is of course just that: a cool feature. It won't win you any battles. Mine doesn't even work anymore, and I only miss it just a little.

The most underrated, and even hated, feature on this gun though has to be the twist on tank. People hate it because the threads get worn down and it's awkward to put back on etc. I admit that a twist on tank has it's flaws, but it also has advantages. The main advantage is that you can fill up your watergun at just about any sink, whereas other guns need to be filled up outside at the faucet. If the enemy controls the water source outside, just sneak inside of a friendly house and fill up. Of course some parents don't allow water guns inside the house, but you can still just fill up at the faucet if that's the case.

One thing to be careful about is the pump. If you extend it out all the way and hit the end it can snap off. This happened to my gun and it was soooo hard to fix it, but not impossible. The fact that mine broke was 100% user error. I had mine in the extended position and I thought (for some stupid reason) that it would be a good idea to hit the tree branch in front of me. Needless to say it broke and I was pissed. Don't let anything like that ever happen because it is a headache to fix. what I did was take a large crayola felt marker and cut it to just the right size. Then I glued it(epoxy works the best) inside the tube of the broken pump handle. I then put glue on the other end of the marker and put it back into the water gun VERY carefully(so I didn't get any glue in the gun). Once it hit the piece it was once attached to, I finnagled it into place and pushed down hard. I waited until the glue set and sure enough it worked again!

So, If you too are fast, agile, sneaky, and a good endurance runner, I Strongly reccomend this gun to you. What recon soldier wouldn't want a Super Soaker that has the low weight of an XP 70, with twice the shots? But do remember: this gun is most effective if your enemy comes within range and you can take the first shot.
Last edited by CplPunishment on Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:24 pm

Good article. One big feature that you forgot to mention though is the XP 105's pump volume. At 55 mL, it is above all the CPS guns.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

CplPunishment

Post by CplPunishment » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:53 pm

Seriously? That's awesome! I wish it still worked properly though, but, being a kid when I first recieved it, I left it outside and didn't take care of it very well. At least I can still get 10 shots before pumping again at about 24 feet, which is good if you can get close enough to the enemy.

I seriously doubt that a large felt tip marker could be used to fix a broken pump handle in any of todays guns. They all have skinny tubes.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:20 am

I have an Xp 105 in quite good condition that I'd be willing to sell to you if you wish, I wouldn't charge much other than a fair amount and shipping. It's great condition, I just need to do a small repair to fix the pump-shoot problem, but that's easy.

I wouldn't even reallly be interested in selling, however someone that writes a several page article on the benefits of this gun certainly deserves one.
Armory:CPS1200,1500,2000,2100,2500,
2700,3000,SplashZooka,XP105,150,20,
215,220,240,270,75,90,ss30,60,XTC,
SC600,BigTrouble,PowerPak,TripleCharge

CplPunishment

Post by CplPunishment » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:44 am

That would be great! But first I'd like to know how much money you want for it, the range and the number of shots before pumping again. Thanks.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:21 pm

Okay, no problem. I'll need to do the fix w/rubber band, however... hmm.
I think 12.00 and 7.00 shipping... does that sound allright to you?

http://www.isoaker.com/mySoaker/Gallery ... bralex.cfm

That's the link to my armory photos on isoaker, if you scroll down you'll see the pictures of the 105, if you're interested.
Armory:CPS1200,1500,2000,2100,2500,
2700,3000,SplashZooka,XP105,150,20,
215,220,240,270,75,90,ss30,60,XTC,
SC600,BigTrouble,PowerPak,TripleCharge

CplPunishment

Post by CplPunishment » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:08 pm

Before I buy it I'd like to know it's range and the number of shots you can take with it before you need to pump again. I'd also like to know the payment method. Thanks.