XP 310 Modification

Threads about water gun modifications.
Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri May 27, 2005 2:23 pm

I just got a brand new XP 310 from T.K.Maxx. YAY! I have not opened it yet, as it is going to be modified. I plan on drilling the nozzles bigger, making the pump stronger, putting balloons in the pressure tanks (XPS mod) and painting it. I just wanted to ask this. In Doom's Balloon PC and XPS article it says that if you are doing 20 balloons you should seal the chambers. Would I have to seal the chambers if I put 8-12 balloons in. Also, would the gun have a noticable increase in power and range if I put this amount in? Sorry if that question was a bit stupid but I just want to make sure so this all doesn't seem a waste of time. Finally for now, I don't want to sacrifice shot time too much so how badly would this amount of balloons affect it? Help would be very appreciated and would help me mod the gun quicker without doing it wrong. Thanks.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Fri May 27, 2005 10:02 pm

I don't think it would lower the shot time much. I don't know how far it will go, or anything with stats, because I have never done a sucsesfull XPS before. :( Every time I try the balloons come off, and clog the trigger valve, or pipes. Probably just me though.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 27, 2005 10:05 pm

The only reason you would have to seal the chambers on is if the balloon rubber is sticking out so much that you can not put them back into the internals. If the rubber is not sticking out too much, you do not need to seal the chambers on.

Also, I find that most modified XP 310s do not work out very well. I wouldn't recommend modifying air pressure water guns because they weren't designed at all for elevated performance. You'd be better off just using a CPS 1000/1200/2100.

death angel

Post by death angel » Fri May 27, 2005 11:03 pm

Hmmm....
When I did the XPS mod on my 105, it worked out very well. I put 9-10 balloons on and it didn't have to much of an affect on the shot time. It was a bit more powerful, and could shoot at any angle. The chambers sealed on pretty well, I just had to use some strength to shove it on to the slot.
I don't know if it works out different on a XP 310, though.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat May 28, 2005 9:15 am

I have decided against modding the gun now. It just doesn't work with the balloons. I may nozzle drill it though. Thanks for your help.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:06 pm

Well, I have heavily modified my XP310 (which is now very aged&#33 ;) , and never had any problems with it. The XPS mod I did definetely increased the range of the soaker, without much difference in the way of shot time. In fact, literally all I did for the XPS was to put the ten or so balloons in it and I got the performance I wanted.
The XP310 is pretty robust, and isn't so powerful that any change you make could destroy it. I would recommend modifying an XP310 anytime. Nozzle drilling is also useful, as nozzle 2 is, well, pretty useless. Anyway, my two cents on the 310 ^_^
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)