Whats A Check-Valve Freeze?

Threads about water gun modifications.
rinkydinkysplat

Post by rinkydinkysplat » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:15 am

I mean, I know what a check-valve is but I haven't the slightest clue how the "freeze" comes in.

Explain.

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:53 am

Well when you do a check valve freeze, you're taking out the valve that moderates the pressure in the pressure chambers. This process of taking it out can be called freezing I guess because it sounds cool. Or because you're freezing the check valve from doing its job. You're all, " Freeze, check valve!" *saw saw saw*. And the check valve is all "Ahhhh...I'm frozen." That's how I see it.

rinkydinkysplat

Post by rinkydinkysplat » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:05 am

so what exactly does it do?

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:24 am

When you remove the valve that regulates the pressure, you can pump the gun as much as you want. People do it in air pressure guns to be able to up the pressure and have a more powerful shot, and people do it in CPS guns to make it so that the gun can handle the higher pressures that occur when you k-mod or colossus the gun. Be careful though, you can easily break your gun if you pump too much. When it gets hard, stop. That's a general rule. You won't have to reinforce anything unless it is on a gun known to have weak parts, like a cps 2700.

So to sum up:
CVF: Removes the valve that restrains the pressure in a gun from going over a certain amount.

For Air pressure guns: Makes it so you can pump more, get more pressure.

For CPS guns: Makes it so the gun can handle higher pressures that come from k-modding or colossusing.