CPS 1000

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
envyev118

CPS 1000

Post by envyev118 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:16 am

I am new to this site (hello everybody!) and I just want to know... is it a good idea to buy a used CPS 1000 supersoaker for fifteen dollars? also on the subject, i have read that the pump on the 1000 is flimsy, could someone tell me about that (how to reinforce or fix it, etc.)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:47 am

Considering the 1000's usually go higher, 15 is a very good price. Also, the pump is perfectly fine as long as no one's doing anything stupid. Just follow the basic, common sense rule: no free-pump should ever be extended for more than a second. Fast pumping shouldn't be an issue either, just be reasonable with it.

And of course, the 1000 is much better than anything you can find on the market (in stores) today. (though some reported getting more range on the BBT guns, I haven't found that to be so yet)

Welcome to the forums.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:21 am

Welcome to SScentral! Enjoy your stay. :cool:

$15 is a great price. As for the pump, the whole flimsy it-could-break-easily fear is totally overblown. Your pump won't snap unless you deliberately try. Even when pumping really fast, you'd have to be extraordinarily reckless to actually snap the thing.

Now supposedly the Orca, Tiger Shark, and Hydroblitz can outrange mid-size CPS guns such as the 1000. However, my new stock 1000 that I just got on Friday shoots farther than my Orca side-by-side. I didn't know that would happen, so now I think Orca range is lower than advertised [unless a 1000 can clear 40ft, which I doubt it can do]. Either way, I've got to take a good block of time and get some ranges straightened out the only reliable way: tape measure. My estimations have evidently been way off.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

envyev118

shipping

Post by envyev118 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:43 am

you pretty much answered this question too by saying how it is all overblown and stuff but also, just to be on the safe side, will it go thru shipping w/ out ing?
A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
---Benjamin Franklin

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:53 pm

^First of all, type properly as this isn't a chatroom. Second, "preference" or "favorite" sounds better than "best".

Anyways, most people seem to like the 1500 best (the only one out of the guns you listed that I've never used before) because it's only a little bigger than the other guns but is significantly more powerful and with a larger pressure chamber.