Schrader Valves

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:34 pm

I've been looking for schrader valves recently, but I don't want to waste money buying an innertube for them.

Does anyone (in the UK) know where to get them loose (online or in a big chain of stores)?
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Senital

Post by Senital » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:11 am

UH.....yea i think so
have you heard of the adapters that simply screw onto the presta type valve..then you can just use the normal pump for it. its fantastic ive got a pair if your interested that is...or you could go to this link which is on ebay and is only $1.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silca-Presta-to-S ... dZViewItem

hope this helps

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:04 pm

Schrader valves, especially removed from bike inner tubes, do not work very well. However, if you only have a bike pump, they probably are your only option.

I'd recommend air couplers and a real check valve any day over a schrader valve (given that you have an air compressor). Check out any local home improvement or car shop in the air compressor section. You should find plenty of air couplers among the other things necessary to attach them to PVC (such as a threaded adaptor to step the size up to 1/2" threaded).

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:37 pm

Umm...this is a pretty old topic, by the way. It's good to see that you're willing to help, and I could probably use the information more than anybody else, but I have never seen Commander_Gaunt in my time here at SSC. I've only seen him at a Star Wars: Battlefront forum, and that was quite a while ago (though I haven't gone back there since).