Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water gun technology > Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:20 PM   #16
joannaardway
Do not adjust your TV set

UserID: 549

You'll probably need to swap out the FF nozzle with a ball valve then.

And with that much colossusing, surely the ID of the internal tubing will make it a waste?

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston
joannaardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:42 PM   #17
Silence
Administrator

UserID: 576

Yes, the barrel and original tube might severely restrict the flow. Do you plan on removing the original bladder? I doubt the smaller of the LRT you ordered will fit over the original part...
Old 06-20-2006, 02:58 PM   #18
mr. dude

UserID: 572

Yes I do plan on replacing the original PC. I don't think I want to replace the original ball valve, though I do plan on reinforcing it.
mr. dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:25 PM   #19
Silence
Administrator

Last I checked, none of the Super Soakers used ball valves. I believe they all use pull valves, which are easier to attach triggers to, but creates tons of turbulence and don't function as well with greater-than-normal pressure. Indeed, it could refuse to open altogether! That's why joannaardway suggested a replacement valve--and while the CPS 2000's pull valve was designed to handle quite a bit of power, this one isn't. You could try modding and shooting only from the Flash Flood nozzle, but I'm no help there.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:34 PM   #20
mr. dude

UserID: 572

Quote:
Last I checked, none of the Super Soakers used ball valves
What about all the max d's? I always feel around the FF's trigger valve, which looks and feels like a ball valve. Same case with my Max-D 6000.
mr. dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #21
Silence
Administrator

Hmm...you might be right after all. I looked at a couple pictures of the internals, and although it's a little hard to tell, there could be a ball valve hiding within. I do know that Max-D valves can be completely opened, so you're probably correct. Thanks for pointing that out...
Old 06-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #22
CROC

UserID: 569

If you have not beed to Isoaker, there is a section about the trigger systems, but I cannot seem to locate it at this moment. The article states that a working Max-D trigger will be either open or closed. That is basically a solenoid with a wierd way of opening it, but when you look inside it, it appears to look like a ball valve
EDIT: Here is a small article about it:
The Max-D Super Soakers(R) series employs an novel enclosed-trigger valve system. This trigger/nozzle system is housed within a solid piece at the front of the blaster and is based on a dual-tension-mounted ball valve. In this case, however, the trigger must be pulled beyond a certain point before the stream is released. Once beyond the threshold, the nozzle valve snaps open, unleashing a stream of pressurized water with a full opening. This binary valve system actually gives the Max-D series an added range advantage over similarly sized soakers. Upon releasing the trigger, the nozzle valve snaps shut.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #23
Silence
Administrator

There's also an article here at SSC regarding Max-D technology. It mentions that the valve resembles ball valves, and is what I have referred to, but I am not sure of the details. That's a nice section you posted, presumably from iSoaker.com.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:03 AM   #24
m15399

UserID: 495

The XP and Max-D valves are small ball valves. The older CPS blasters use a form of piston valve, I think.

Edit: Short post, sorry. What else can I say?
m15399 is offline   Reply With Quote