Does Anyone know good sniper rifles.

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Johnyshotgun

Does Anyone know good sniper rifles.

Post by Johnyshotgun » Fri May 04, 2007 7:11 pm

This might be 50 feet + and $40 budget, It would have also to be a recent, (new to 6 years) old. Preferably lightweight, heavy weight is not good since I have a short Sniper. The tank doesn't matter.
Raid,strike, and kill.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri May 04, 2007 8:07 pm

You might be able to build a light-medium sniping water balloon launcher for about that price, but if you're "sniping" with a blaster, good luck... Well, for long range blasters, go for homemades or k-modded guns. CPS 2100's are very popular for the k-mod. I believe you can get up to 55ft or so, and anything over 60ft-65ft is probably water launching cannon range. (up to 70ft or so)

Edit: Nevermind, DX is right on his.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Sat May 05, 2007 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 04, 2007 11:10 pm

50ft shooters: [stock]

CPS 2000, CPS 1500, CPS 2500, CPS 2700, SS 300, etc. Range will vary, two 1500s could look the same, but one might hit 48 and one might only make 42. A bad 2000 might get 47, but a good 2000 might get as much as 58.

50-65ft shooters: [Modded]

Regular Colossus: CPS 2000c, 2500c, 4100c, etc.
Regular k-mod: CPS 15K, 17K, 21K, 10K, 12K, 27K, etc.
Integration and/or Int+K mod: Lots of them, example - CPS 15K/1000

Most homemades can shoot over 50ft, most water cannons can shoot over 60ft, some over 70ft with no known limit, and obviously water balloon launchers with hundreds.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Nate

Post by Nate » Fri May 04, 2007 11:32 pm

I'll have to get me a CPS. I didn't know they could shoot that far.

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Sun May 06, 2007 4:48 am

I am not sure about a sniper rifle but these weapons rack up the best distances compared to any existing water gun or ballon launcher.
I just found the most expensive and pratical ultimate water weapons of all time. Regardless from being "home-mades" they are worth the price.
At $225 each plus shipping, paint and design you can buy one on e-bay, if you contact the seller.
For the first one it can fire water ballons (one or multiple) over 500ft, and water at a good distance probably 60ft.

1. Water ballon bazooka

For this one called the water ballon motar, it costs around $245, but it fires over 700FT and it has a detonator button.
You can fire single or multiple ballons at will.
Put them in and snipe people at great distances.

2. Water ballon mortar
Last edited by JCSoaker on Sun May 06, 2007 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armoury: Level III- (2) (going to have)Super Heavy Assualt homemades (2) Heavy Assualt CPS (Monster XL,etc)(3)Medium Assualt CPS (4100,etc)(4) Light Assualt CPS (1200, etc) (15) secondary weapons(Xp,MAXD,etc) (5) Extra Stuff

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 06, 2007 5:00 am

$225 and $245? Ewwww.... I'd much rather build one from scratch. A design like Falcon's recent launcher has similar practicality at like half the cost. 700ft isn't anything special either. Water balloon launcher ranges can exceed 800ft, even in the most basic Douchenator, so I don't know why you'd need to buy one for a ridiculous price.

The seller charges for the design too? At least the first one is original - the second is just a standard over-under with a bipod. You could make something like that for $50.

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Sun May 06, 2007 5:08 am

Oh I didn't know, thats what the seller told me. I guess he was trying to rip me off.
Is there one that actually fires over 800ft? I was wondering if you can give me the link to the weapon your were describing. I want to see what it looks like, and where would I get the parts to build the $50 one?
Also I would like to know would the one that shoots 800ft be as accurate as this one and not have a slingshot, since I am not fond of slingshots (pulling it back and releasing it on the run or stationary) but with mobile air pressurized water balloon launchers.
Thanks.
Last edited by JCSoaker on Sun May 06, 2007 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armoury: Level III- (2) (going to have)Super Heavy Assualt homemades (2) Heavy Assualt CPS (Monster XL,etc)(3)Medium Assualt CPS (4100,etc)(4) Light Assualt CPS (1200, etc) (15) secondary weapons(Xp,MAXD,etc) (5) Extra Stuff

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 06, 2007 3:45 pm

Pneumatic is the way to go. The Douchenator is extremely easy to build, and ranges depend on the volume of the PC, length of the barrel, and the type of barrel you use. Expect hundreds of feet. It's hard to predict ranges though, and who knows what pressure and how much pumping is necessary to get whatever is advertised for those two guns. Also, consider the issue that you're not going to notice the difference in ranges unless you compare them. I really can't see the point of a WBL hitting any more than 200 feet.

There are far more efficient designs that use sprinkler valves, piston valves, etc. None have passable accuracy.

The Douchenator or whatever homemade launcher you build is bound to be cheap - perhaps under $25. You also don't need too many tools. The real expense lies in sprinkler valves ($10-15?), compressors, batteries, or whatever other accessories you want.

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Sun May 06, 2007 4:55 pm

The reason I want to shoot as close to 1000 feet as possible is becuase if you plant remote devices at a known location, calculated the approximate landing places, walked away far enough to be unseen, and set your position where you can see your targets moving using binoculars/high-powered scopes- it would be amusing to see your targets get confused as they are constantly bombardeded and ballons are firing at them from nowhere.
I would stationary 15-20 of these on the perimeter of a large circle all firing close to the center, or in a line and calculate the parabolic trajectory when spotted the target using a bino.
(If there was one that could shoot 3000 feet I would be interested too)
Well, I'll show you the advertisement, as the link to e-bay may expire.

By the way it uses batteries to pump by itself and it uses the pressure guage to notify you its psi.............. anyways....

This auction is for the plans only not for the actual Bazooka.
($9.98 for plans)($225 for the homemade)

WOW! The Ultimate warm weather toy.

A) SHOOTS 500 PLUS FEET!
B) Take out multiple opponents with one shot.
C) Can easily shoot 3 PLUS BALLOONS at one time
D) Super easy REMOTE FIRE feature.
E) Quick aim SCOPE
F) Large 2 ¾” GLYCERIN FILLED PRESSURE GAUGE
G) Easily made CUSTOMIZABLE (Barrell, Bazooka Size)

This incredible Bazooka is designed to shoot water balloons, BUT! It will also shoot:

1) CONFETTI
2) STUFFED ANIMALS
3) WATER
4) POPPED POPCORN
5) STYROFOAM SNOWSNAKES
6) PANTIES (and other small laundry items)
7) NERF MISSLES (and foam tubes)
8) DREAM IT UP (and shove it in)

As with all my cannons, and now my Bazooka, I designed this one with the ultimate fun experience in mind.

This Bazooka is 100% waterproof. It is great for water balloon fights (not at point blank range).

This is driven with clean, non-polluting air, (no combustion products burned). Air has the added advantage of producing reliable consistent shots. This is excellent for range control.

With it’s oversized 2 1/2” by 46” barrel you not only get all the energy from the firing chamber, but, an easily controlled “push” for shot control when you press the fire button.

I have given the Bazooka a funky paint job to jazz it up a bit. But the secret is the way the air is released behind the water balloon. Just dumping a huge amount of air behind the balloon(s) results in a shredded balloon every time. I explain how to make premium “wadding” that protects your balloon for phenomenal range. Air release is controlled for push, not a punch. You will be surprised how well this works.

Remember those teenagers who soaked you with their super soakers last summer?

Or perhaps, you want to create some new art with food dye in the water balloons.

The possibilities are endless.

When testing this Bazooka, I actually used it to clean the soffit on my house. It only took a couple shots.

So there you have it, fun in a tube. No; long range fun in a tube!

These are not hard to understand, scratchy drawings, just 20 pages of clear easy to follow instructions including 49 high resolution photos. These plans leave nothing hidden with the step by step instructions.

Due to recent problems we have had to add buyer requirements. If you would like to pay via Bank Draft and/or have a feedback score of less than 3 please contact us first if you would like to purchase these plans. We apologize to the honest eBayers that this affects.

You won’t believe some of the things I have come up with to shoot with air. No I am not nuts, I just have a vivid imagination. See my other listings.

We are not responsible for use or misuse of these plans or the object it creates.

If you have a comment or question or have a specialized air cannon you would like designed please feel free to ask.

FREE SHIPPING: These plans will be emailed to you. If you would like them mailed to you please add $8.00 for printing and shipping.

Buy three sets of plans and get the fourth one free. Any combination!

Please watch for my tri-phase hydrogen water cannon coming very soon! Cutting edge technology, maximum performance (150 psi). First on Earth!
I highly doubt this gun would be what it is advertised, so I'll find parts for the douchenator...but I still have one question. How will you pump it? I don't want to manually pump it, but use batteries other means to automatically pump it (mobilely)
Last edited by JCSoaker on Sun May 06, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnyshotgun

Post by Johnyshotgun » Sun May 06, 2007 9:15 pm

Can anyone tell me how much a cps-1000 is worth? Please, tell me.
Raid,strike, and kill.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 06, 2007 9:46 pm

The problem is, using water balloon launchers to hit a target remotely would be extremely difficult. Not only that, but actually hitting a moving person like that would be nearly impossible. Upon the sound of an enemy launcher opening up, it is instinctive to seek cover. When you are used to being shot at by concealed artillery, quickly sprinting out of the area or crouching behind cover is only one step in very fast and effective anti-artillery defenses.

Accuracy at over 300ft also cannot be guarenteed. The slightest change in pressure, firing speed, angle, wind, etc. will throw you off the mark. The longer the distance, the greater the effect.

Just about any pneumatic launcher ever created has the potential to reach 800ft or more. You just need enough pressure, efficiency, a good valve, and a good sabot. A modified sprinkler valve or something like it would be ideal, coupled with an air compressor and either a pringles can or your own custom cup-thingy for the sabot/wadding. That air compressor replaces manual pumping, though quality and price varies from compressor to compressor - I'd do some research before buying one.
We are not responsible for use or misuse of these plans or the object it creates.
This incredible Bazooka is designed to shoot water balloons, BUT! It will also shoot:

1) CONFETTI
2) STUFFED ANIMALS
3) WATER

This seller knows a lot, but there are things he doesn't know that he should. You can't claim non-liability and then say that your launcher can shoot water. You know what happens when you load a ton of water in a launcher barrel, pump it to high pressure, then attempt to fire it? The impact of the air against the water may force the barrel to rocket off, even one that is well glued. It doesn't even have to be water, it can be anything. I almost got hurt in Chatham last summer because some friends wanted to see how high up 120 PSI could shoot a barrel full of rocks. Well, the barrel flew up, fell back, and the bottom shattered. Things like that may cause serious injury from what is normally a quite safe device.

Buying plans for any launcher is a rip-off, since this community and its members offer all our advice and designs for free naturally.

@Johnyshotgun: That's totally off topic, but a CPS 1000 can be worth $10-45 depending on if you are a seller, typical buyer, or bargain hunter.