Need Help On Organizing My Troops!

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
rinkydinkysplat

Post by rinkydinkysplat » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:52 pm

All they do is shoot their teammates and scream! :angry:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:17 pm

Here's a tip: Take the sugar away.

Give more info and I'm sure you could get more help. Posting "All they do is shoot their teammates and scream!" doesn't say much.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:32 pm

Originally posted by rinkydinkysplat@Jun 27 2004, 12:52 PM
All they do is shoot their teammates and scream! :angry:
Pah, I have the same problem with my opponent's team, I say to them, if they do that, they get to battle against our big CPS guns with MD 3000's!
I don't check this forum anymore.

rinkydinkysplat

Post by rinkydinkysplat » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:39 pm

Ok, more info. My team, Team Rainbow, consists of eight people that I thought were good compared to other team(s) that I know of. They don't exactly get along very well and some of them are nerds and people like to shoot them. I cannot even get them into a straight line! All they do is not listen and run around! If I somehow get them into a line, they will remember some pg rated war movies that they saw and think soaking is similar and start shouting german swears at the other team. (exxageration) They are not. Guns fire pieces of lead at the speed of sound through a person. Guns are not fun unless you are crazy. Soakers are fun. They get you wet on hot days. It is fun to imitate battles but my house is not omaha beach. They just can't understand that! :angry:

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:20 pm

Originally posted by rinkydinkysplat@Jun 27 2004, 02:39 PM
Ok, more info. My team, Team Rainbow, consists of eight people that I thought were good compared to other team(s) that I know of. They don't exactly get along very well and some of them are nerds and people like to shoot them. I cannot even get them into a straight line! All they do is not listen and run around! If I somehow get them into a line, they will remember some pg rated war movies that they saw and think soaking is similar and start shouting german swears at the other team. (exxageration) They are not. Guns fire pieces of lead at the speed of sound through a person. Guns are not fun unless you are crazy. Soakers are fun. They get you wet on hot days. It is fun to imitate battles but my house is not omaha beach. They just can't understand that! :angry:
Time to have a serious talk with your team. Sit them down and calmly tell them how you feel. Start enforcing strict policies and rules if they want to stay on the team. Don’t worry if you loose a man or two, you will eventually get more loyal men once they see your team in action. It’s all about fun, and the experience of mock-warfare. Tell them to start running around and shooting when the ambush comes, but also inform them of what tactics you want to use, and apply them, such as not firing wildly and conserving ammo. I had this problem with my team, and I kicked every one of the, off for it, and found 2 new loyal recruits, one who just ditched that I am trying to get back on my team. Train your crew, and show them who is boss. If they turn on you, that is a different story. In that event, work solo or find some loyal peoples. Good luck!

-Jade

rinkydinkysplat

Post by rinkydinkysplat » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:45 pm

Originally posted by Jadefalcon09@Jun 27 2004, 03:20 PM

Sit them down and calmly tell them how you feel.
I doubt anything involving calmness will work.

Storm

Post by Storm » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:54 pm

Yea sometimes when I play and we play one hit kill, I will shoot someone for 2 seconds and by the time I release trigger they start shooting at me yelling "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO SOAK ME? THIS IS ONE HIT KILL?!" sometimes my teammates do that to so its really starting to tick me off. I think I'll have to train them better or something. Maybe I should lock them up in a little room and lock the door and start soaking them until they cry. Then they'll see what the meaning of 'SOAKING' is ;)
Storm

rinkydinkysplat

Post by rinkydinkysplat » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:17 pm

Originally posted by Storm@Jun 27 2004, 05:54 PM
Yea sometimes when I play and we play one hit kill, I will shoot someone for 2 seconds and by the time I release trigger they start shooting at me yelling "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO SOAK ME? THIS IS ONE HIT KILL?!" sometimes my teammates do that to so its really starting to tick me off. I think I'll have to train them better or something. Maybe I should lock them up in a little room and lock the door and start soaking them until they cry. Then they'll see what the meaning of 'SOAKING' is ;)
I think thats illegal.

pyro

Post by pyro » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:25 pm

uh.. maybe you could try to get some respect from them by owning on the battle field, if they Don't fight then do it yourself.At least thats what I had to do.Another way would be to just get some new recruits.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:10 pm

Respect is always good, and also fear is usful, if they are scared of you and your soakers power then they won't dare to mess around.

p.s. I think the whole fear thing came out wrong, I don't mean that they are afraid of you in a physical way, just that they are in awe of your power on the battlefield.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:55 am

XP 110 (broken)
FIX THAT!

Anyway, back on topic... I think that every time they mess around, get a head shot on them. If they don't like it, they'll leave, but you'll be better off without them. That'll shut them up, every time they don't do what you say or prat around, shoot 'em.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:30 pm

What do you want them to do if your making them do something boring they Don't want to do. :rolleyes:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:33 pm

Yeah shoot them... Um thats not really going to make them listen is it. and I'm trying to fix the XP 110 dark elite.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

blueviper

Post by blueviper » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:17 pm

Im sorry, but this thread makes me laugh.

Also, all those things about "enforce strict policies" "show them tactics" and all that junk won't work so Don't listen to them.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:49 pm

Originally posted by blueviper@Jul 30 2004, 01:17 PM
Im sorry, but this thread makes me laugh.

Also, all those things about "enforce strict policies" "show them tactics" and all that junk won't work so Don't listen to them.
YOU make ME laugh. Strict policies and tactics is what saved me, my team, and my neighborhood from forgetting about soakers. If your going to BS other members do it over a PM, not here.