No Mercy Soaking

General water gun discussion.
flea

Post by flea » Sun May 23, 2004 3:49 pm

:unsure: my local woolworths is doign a 3 for 2 offer on soakers, the soakers up for grabs are,

triple aggressor
SS - backfire
Xp-270 [yellow one with weird pump innit?]
storm 500
storm 300 [twin pack]
xp220 [twin pack]

so yeah, im thinking im going to get myself the triple aggressor,Xp270 and then maybe get another xp270 for free, or I could get any of the others for free[cheapest one free]
im not sure about the backfire becos I think the concept is pointless and makes it look pants. what do you think?
thing is im buying these soakers for a prank that me and my mates are doing on the rest of our freinds, we are going to lock them in my mates back garden and soak them with water bombs, a water hose and my super soakers from the conservatory roof[one story high] :Hey, that's funny.: .I know that there all flaws to these guns, but they still perform well enough with a degree of pressure and distance right? the back garden is probably about 20metres long.
the main thing is I dnt really want a tiny soaker which doesn't soak people very quick or at low pressure.
so what do you think people? any opinions? :D

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Sun May 23, 2004 5:23 pm

The 220s, you choice of 500 or 300 (Id take the 500) and 3A or Backfire. I personally would take the backfire if I didn't have one already.

The 220s are like XP Pistols. Its good for close range and out of water.
500 or 300 are poth good options for general soaking.
3A and the Backfire are good in certain places for certain things. For your prank, I think that the 3a would be better, due to the "soakage ball" and "mini pistol"
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun May 23, 2004 6:40 pm

Flea, welcome to SSC, be sure to read and understand the rules! (like no one liners! ;) )
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun May 23, 2004 7:01 pm

yes, apperantly I am the king of one liners here so stay away from my kingdom.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

flea

Post by flea » Sun May 23, 2004 7:08 pm

I Don't really like the backfire, the only good thing is the size I find, but apart from that, I jus think its a stupid idea only for appealing to really young kids[do not mean to offend]

though I will want to get the 3A and the xp270, but which other? should I jus get another xp270 for free? or get the storm 500 or the two small xp220's. I might decide to collect these soakers after I buy these, depending on how much I enjoy these.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun May 23, 2004 8:42 pm

none of these will give you too much joy. To get that ear to ear grin you really need to try a power modded CPS soaker, or a awesome homemade
BlueSoak.net

flea

Post by flea » Sun May 23, 2004 8:52 pm

im not intending to go as far as to make my own or buy older ones on ebay, even though they are better, I jus want a soaker that can perform, even though u guys say that this years line isnt the best.
its good enough though right? I had a classic super soaker once, when I was really small, I Don't know what make, but it was shaped similarily like the 60, but was yellow and the tank was acid green.
anyways
these soakers can perform there task though, soaking people from a 1st floor roof. and I mean, 3A holds like 1.7 litres and its only £20,. and the xp270 is only £15 and the next I can get for free.

so what im guess im asking is, 1) along with the 3A and xp270, what else should I get for free? :rolleyes:
and also 2) these won't let me down, by that I mean, they won't perform as bad as some fake branded super soaker that u can get from your corner shop and is only packaged using a plastic cover,folded cardboard and some staples :Hey, that's funny.:

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun May 23, 2004 8:53 pm

I've seen that offer, are you by any chance from the UK like me? If so, I suggest ( :D ) that you buy a more powerful soaker from me. B) Email: andrewspinner[at]tiscali.co.uk
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

flea

Post by flea » Sun May 23, 2004 9:11 pm

yeah im from UK, I live in london, but im not intending to go to great lengths to get a soaker, I just need something thats good enough for the job, unless you own a shop that sells a variety of soakers

^_^

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 23, 2004 9:54 pm

If I were you, I would modify at least of of those. You could add at least a few more feet to the range easily with a check valve freeze and a few more pumps on the XP 270. I'm not sure about the 3A though, I don't think anyone has modded one.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon May 24, 2004 2:05 am

I say get another XP270, it will be the best for the money
BlueSoak.net

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon May 24, 2004 1:47 pm

but it was shaped similarily like the 60, but was yellow and the tank was acid green.
Sounds a lot like the SS 50...
I don't check this forum anymore.

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Mon May 24, 2004 3:22 pm

Yeah yeah I totally agree definantly a superb idea

flea

Post by flea » Mon May 24, 2004 6:45 pm

so then I should buy the 3A the xp270 and get another xp270 for free then? ;)
ok :)

if I was to get a pistol for free instead, out of those lot which would I get? cos to have a pistol just seems cool as well as having a fat machine gun size soaker, the storm 500 perhaps?I dunno :huh:

ill let you guys know after june 12th how the prank goes, thats about the time when im going to be doing it on my freinds, its going to be a group of like 3-4 boys on the rooftop spraying down water on our boy and girl mates, its going to be so cool, going to give them something to remember for the summer. and also we're going to set of a fart bomb from the other side of the garden to spread around the garden. then we are also going to set some trip wires to make foam explode on the sides of the garden. its going to be cool :D

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue May 25, 2004 8:03 am

Originally posted by flea@May 23 2004, 10:11 PM
yeah im from UK, I live in london, but im not intending to go to great lengths to get a soaker, I just need something thats good enough for the job, unless you own a shop that sells a variety of soakers

^_^
Well...you could call it a small online shop...I do have a variety of soakers.

If you do decide on that deal, I'd choose three XP 270s. Forget about the 3A.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.