RP I discussion

Post your epic water war tale!
Spinner

RP I discussion

Post by Spinner » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:55 pm

The first RP has recently concluded, and in my opinion was a success. I enjoyed posting in it and reading other people's posts, some of it was very inventive.

For the next RP, I've heard several people want a more, as they put it, "down-to-earth" RP. While I enjoyed the rather incredible ideas in the first RP (e.g. tanks, helicopters, paratroopers) I can understand this viewpoint and would likely enjoy this type as well.

I'm suggesting, then, that we leave the Tempest conflicts till another time (probably after this next RP), and then have another massive RP with those kind of ideas. Meanwhile, we can have this more realistic RP.

Comments? If people agree with this, then I'll probably rename the new RP to something different - I'm expecting that the third RP will follow on from the first, so should be named accordingly. This next one should be named differently, as a different series. Time to think up a distinguishing mark... <_<
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:35 pm

Well, I didn't want to spoil the surprise straight away, but my idea for this one was to have a more realistic RP but subtly include the Tempests. Basically, the idea involved a competition which was secretly organised by The Tempest. Instead of directly attacking anyone, they would get them to destroy each other.

While some people may not want an RP with the Tempests, I thought that this would add depth, while still being "down-to-earth". Well anyway, what are everyone else's opinions on it?
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:52 pm

That sounds awesome. As long as I still get to be a super cool assasin guy who is the master of stealth.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:56 pm

Originally posted by Monsoon@Feb 6 2005, 05:52 PM
That sounds awesome. As long as I still get to be a super cool assasin guy who is the master of stealth.
[snapback]21954[/snapback]

Of course. :P

The good point of the idea is that it has to be individuals or small teams (of 6 or less members) due to the nature of the competition. Though later on, they might team up when they learn about the real purpose of it.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:00 pm

It's a good idea and all, but it will be a tad more difficult to post in because of its much smaller magnitude. In the first RP, you could just throw in something about fighter jets, tanks, and weapon-mounted jeeps if you had nothing else to write about--and it still made it interesting. This RP will really bring out the creativity of each participant.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:17 pm

This sounds a very ingenious idea. As I see it, though, all hangs on the beginning, and making it realistic. It will have to be carefully formulated to allow discovery of the fact it was the Tempests behind it all later on, otherwise it may just appear as if the Tempests are jammed into the story to make it part of the same series.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:32 pm

Remember people, WBL tanks are very possible in real life, just.... No REAL engines, maybe like, a bicycle for power or something Hey, that's funny..

As long as I get to hack a ton of security devices and ect like my profile says...
I don't check this forum anymore.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:17 pm

Originally posted by Spinner@Feb 6 2005, 06:17 PM
This sounds a very ingenious idea. As I see it, though, all hangs on the beginning, and making it realistic. It will have to be carefully formulated to allow discovery of the fact it was the Tempests behind it all later on, otherwise it may just appear as if the Tempests are jammed into the story to make it part of the same series.
[snapback]21958[/snapback]

Yeah, we can make it so that the reader knows that the Tempests are behind it from the beginning, but the characters discovering it will be by chance. It could become interesting though, with whoever finds out trying to convince everyone else what is really going on. They may not believe them, thinking they are just trying to steal the prize!

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:40 pm

I only made one post in the first one because I felt what was happening was ridiculous, and tried to make mine realistic. I hope to post more this time.

As for the tempests, you could start off with an agreement between generals only to use water guns, no engines. Or have it in a jungle, that way boats, cars and planes can't really be used, but for a more exciting yet realistic RP, people could use flame-soakers for forest clearing and... other things.

[at]monsoon - In my post one the last RP, I was an assasin guy, maybe in the next RP we should join up as mercenary hitmen!
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:34 am

I don't remember you posting about that. An assasin duo? I've never heard about that but we'd have to operate on the field separately because stealth is much easier when your alone, but we could execute tactics and work together. I'll write that in when the new RP starts.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:58 pm

you know, the 'no engine' rule would be very restrictive. we could have a maximum firepower/horsepower rule to keep things from getting ridiculous, but would still allow for some motorized combat.
(I'm making this argument on behalf of the Armadillo. I'm willing to get rid of the Broadsword and maybe even revert the vehicle to its first form (or close to) but I still want to be able to drive it.)