Downloading a font?

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:23 pm

I've downloaded a font, and I've uncompressed it from a .zip file. It is sitting on my desktop, labeled as a .tt (truetype font file). I'm trying to get it to work on Microsoft Word, but I can't seem to find the folder to put it in. Can somebody help me out?
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:07 am

Under Control Panel there is folder called Fonts, just stick it in there. Then it should be available for all programs, not just Word (though not all the fonts I have work in all programs for some reason).
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:02 pm

If what Forceuser said doesn't work for you, try opening the Fonts directory (can't remember where that is, believe it's in the Control Panel) and looking at the top menu for something along the lines of "Add a font," probably would be in "File." That's how I've added around 10 fonts and I'm sure it works in all programs as I've used them in Photoshop, Wordperfect, Word, Excel and so on.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:17 pm

All you have to do is copy or move the font into C:\WINDOWS\FONTS. Downloading it to there via IE will work as well, but unzipping or downloading via Firefox/Opera will not work.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.