Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 07-03-2004, 10:29 PM   #16
Bucket

UserID: 178

Eh. I'm going to miss my vaporizer. I'm selling it to a friend as a back up (along with a leaky Max D 2000) to his CPS 4100 and I'm hurt that It's leaving my 8 gun aresenal. Like really. I was having fun with it like the first time I got it (it was my first super soaker gun in a VERY (since elementary) long time. And all my friends loved it for it's small no frills design and many shots. Now I kind of miss it. It is a terrific backup. You never have to pump to shoot. If it had a strap it would be kick butt instead of just kicking. I may get another one later in the Target exclusive colors but I don't know. It really stood out amongst all these old school soakers. Speaking of standing out and the real reason I am replying.

I actually like the new designs for 2004. I don't like all that bubbly stuff with fake plastic tubing that does nothing. I like these new slick designs and names for guns. Gives them pesonality. Granted they all need to go back to to the drawing board for some upgrades that will make them stand the test of time while still carrying out their gimmicks. But they new designs were needed. But with so many rereleases of guns in every store to go with the soakertag line I guess there was no need to reinvinte the wheel this year. I think hasbro knew that fans would be disappointed so they threw in many guns from a few years back to appease you all.

Next....

Stupid Ideas for 05!

Quick Charge Pistols: Stick empty pistol in holster to quick charge it with a shot. Then remove pistol and fire. Comes in dual and single packs.

Dual Nozzle Vaporizer: New vaporizer can fire out of not just one but two holes at once. Don't worry a new handle at the top, increased resevoir size, and strap make everyone happy.

Water Blade: Hilt connects to a supercharged backpack of water and when the trigger is pulled on the hilt a huge but short burst of water fires out. Highest soaking weapon ever.

Aqua Mines: Motion detecting mines squirt water at 15 to 85 degrees all around the circular mine when someone enters their range.

Trip Mines: Clear trip mines that stick on almost any surface shoot out water when someone trips it. Can hook to a hose for even more soaking....tee hee.

Water Balloon Launcher: I know there are homemades but like come on. Where are the toy store versions.

CPS Splashstingerooka 100oz (splash-sting-a-roo-ka): This bad boy had 5 different nozzles, has a front unguided pump, and qfd.

End.

<span style='color:red'><span style='color:green'>2 XP-215s
1 XP 310
1 CPS 2100
1 Splashzooka
1 CPS 4100
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 10:48 PM   #17
NiborDude
Retired Moderator

UserID: 131

They didn't bring back too many guns. They brought back the 4100 and an xp 70 I believe, And thats it. Hasbro has dug its own grave. DEATH TO HASBRO!

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci
NiborDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 09:30 AM   #18
Bucket

UserID: 178

a couple from the max d line. and the xp 310. secret strike. xp 70 and cps 4100, xp 215. They all total more than the number of new guns.

<span style='color:red'><span style='color:green'>2 XP-215s
1 XP 310
1 CPS 2100
1 Splashzooka
1 CPS 4100
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 10:41 AM   #19
Monsoon
Retired Moderator

UserID: 56

Hasbro really did dig its own grave. If only they remade the 1998 blasters that brought us so much water war enjoyment, then we could actually PRAISE Hasbo......for once. Ever since the Max-D line came out, I had a funny feeling that everything was going to be worse after that. Sure the Max-D's have "superior range", but their trigger valves break eventually. The XP's and CPS's are the legendary blasters that overpower any EES, Soakertag, and even Max-Ds. Ever since Hasbro took over Larami, soaker quality and power have gone downhill. The 2004 line is the worst yet, and I wouldn't be suprised if next year they bring out something even more disappointing.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:26 AM   #20
strongshooter

UserID: 198

I would have to agree with monsoon on most points but I believe that they will continue to rerelease 2002 CPS soakers at a rate of 1 a year while selling XPBackfire-esque for everything else. What I mean is like 4100 this year, 2100 next year as the only CPS, splashzooka the year after that. That way they will always have 1 CPS on limited release but no others. I have no evidence but that seems to be the most logical course of action from their point of view.
strongshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:08 PM   #21
Sky_T_219

UserID: 172

I don't know about that... I think they'll introduce new CPS weapondry, somewhat like the CPS 2100, but not anything like the CPS 2000. They'll reintroduce some CPS stuff too like Strongshooter said. I think this outbreak of e-mails sent to them and stuff might actually convince them to make better guns, but who knows until next year... By the way, when do new soakers come out? (begining of next year, next summer, etc)
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70
<span style='color:orange'>~More to come~
Sky_T_219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:11 PM   #22
blaze

UserID: 94

As it says in the SuperSoakers FAQ on the site, they come out in the beginning of Spring each year.
blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 05:01 PM   #23
Storm

UserID: 215

I can't wait to see what next years is. I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself but I'mh oping they'll be better than this years!
Old 07-06-2004, 10:13 PM   #24
King Soaker

UserID: 180

I predict next year will be the introduction of the new Hasbro Water Worm. They will probably have one with lights, and one that makes funny noises. If we are really lucky, there will be a limited Barney edition.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:54 PM   #25
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

Next year I personally don't care what comes out. I'm more looking forward to what I myself can create. However I'd still like to know what is planned for any of the big lines, Super Soaker, Water Warriors, and even X-Stream.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:52 PM   #26
King Soaker

UserID: 180

Doom Soaker is right, if Hasbro can't make anything decent, all of us are better off spending our money at the hardware store, and trading our own designs.