1 on 3.....help

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:23 am

I'm going to a water war saturday, I'm fighting against three people. They will have splash fires and vaporizers... maybe even a flash flood, I will have a CPS 2100 and a flash flood. It's at a park, so theres not much cover. I need tactical help. :mellow:

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:58 am

Use your cover well. That and never get yourself cornered. If I were you I would start recruiting.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:22 pm

Help Us Help You

Pinned topics are pinned for a reason. Please provide all of the information requested in this topic. Not too much to ask especially when you're looking for help. ;)

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:14 am

1) enemy units- 2 fairly new people, they know how to fire a water gun :blink:
2)enemy weapons- vaporizer, splash fire, flash flood (1 of each)
3)bases- 3 jungle gyms, these are useless to me because if I fortified in them they could get me while I was out of water :mellow:
4)my forces- me- knows basic tactics, can fight fairly well <_<
5)my weapons- flash flood- nozzle drilled to 1/8"
Hydroblade- blade removed, shotgun nozzle
Storm 800- long shot time, weak blast- good backup
CPS 2100- ordered from ebay- can use if arrives in time

6) the rules haven't been determined for sure, but the basics are- iff they get hit once they have to go to their starting point, if they're soaked they're dead

Note: I get to bring an umbella for a shield

DX

Post by DX » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:49 am

Ok, the Vaporizer and Splashfire are bad guns, you can take them on easily. The Flash Flood is their best gun, however, I hear the range is no more than 35ft. if you get the CPS 2100 in time, your enemies are cooked. Preform a K-mod which will extend your range from the regular range of 35 to the modded range of 45-55ft. Do a nozzle mod which will extend your range to 55-65ft and will laminate your stream. After those are done, and can be completed in less than 3 hours, the enemies have NO CHANCE! You might as well even forget the umbrella! Even without any mods you could take on all three enemies with just the CPS 2100. To be safe in that situation I would advise you to bring the Flash Flood as a backup. As for the actual fighting, lure your enemies into an open area; that's where range advantage will help you the most. Try to eliminate the guy with the Flash Flood first, after he is out the enemy team is no competition. You really should use range advantage and for that to work you don't want cover. You want to be in the most open area possible, because there won't be any variables. Your stream will go farther and you will win.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:06 am

just in info: we have decided that people are only dead when they are SOAKED, they also probably won't have a flash flood :P now they're really dead
hehehe ^_^

EDIT: oh yeah, we will have water balloons

soakup

Post by soakup » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:08 pm

I would suggest to take stuff there that would provide you cover and also try to position your base on a steep hill so when they move in to attack they will move slower making them an easier target and you can view thier positions giving you an advantage.
sponge+James Collins+ water=soakup

DX

Post by DX » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:29 pm

I would suggest not to build a base. Force them to break up by moving around. Their only chance to win is by staying in a group, if you can run around and draw them apart then you can deal with one at a time. If they retreat to a good position, do not brashly attack it, fall back and force them to attack you. That is key. Waste no water on assaults, let them do the attacking until there is only one enemy left. Then you should attack.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:35 pm

Good point, I think I'll try that.

I have another problem, one of my enemies says he has a big gun, but he doesn't know what it is because he's not a soaker geek like me ^_^ . he also says that he hasn't looked at it since he was small.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:17 pm

The term "big gun" is relative. I certainly have no idea what he thinks is a "big gun," it could be anything from an XP 310 to a CPS 2000. Either way, you'll want that CPS 2100, and after modding it won't matter what the "big gun" is. A well modded 2100 can outrange a 2000 easily, by up to 10 more ft. The only variable I see now are the water balloons. How many will each player have and how well can your enemies throw one?

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:53 pm

I have a problem now, the CPS 2100 has not arrived yet and the fight is tomorrow, so now I don't think I should count on having it in the fight :(

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:39 pm

Originally posted by hunter@Feb 18 2005, 07:53 PM
I have a problem now, the CPS 2100 has not arrived yet and the fight is tomorrow, so now I don't think I should count on having it in the fight :(
[snapback]22472[/snapback]

During many Wars I have had, the phrase "I got a big gun" has been emphasized a whole lot. It is simply a taunt to get you preocupied for the war, or in some conditions surrender early. Most of the time they are lying, sometimes they are telling the truth. As Sun Tzu said, if they are unified, separate them. If half their strength, avoid them or attack covertly (stealth-like). As Dux said, run their supply out first, if your a good runner and they are not, they will be out of energy first. It doesn't matter what kind of soakers you have. If you really have the courage and Tao (will) to win, you will. I am pretty sure you will win with just a Storm 800 and a Modified Hydroblade. If you get the CPS 2100, great they are out classed. If stealth and running is not your approach, bring some extra ammo if it is allowed, and water balloons. I would also recommend not Modifying your CPS 2100 is you are fairly new at all this, stock power is actually pretty good.

-Jade

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:57 pm

okay, but I think maybe I will go with FF and stripped-down hydroblade.
as for running, I'm the slowest one going. :(

DX

Post by DX » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:12 pm

I would also recommend not Modifying your CPS 2100 is you are fairly new at all this, stock power is actually pretty good
IMHO stock power with CPS 2100s is terrible. Then again I'm a pretty hard-core modder with lofty standards. Not getting the 2100 in time + being slow is not a good combination. Use the FF as your main weapon ans you should use the storm 800 as backup due to the shot time. Work on taking "tap shots"-short bursts of water by tapping the trigger. This will save you a ton of water. Again, force them to attack you by withdrawing when they are in a strong position. Try to eliminate the guy with the best gun first, for their other guns are pretty weak.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:34 pm

^Stock power on the 2100 is good compared to it's contemporaries. You should always view things in context. Not to mention that some people may feel uncomfortable modding the 2100, or any gun for that matter.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!